Did I make right choice Gem VS Sunshine?

I chose the Gem

Gem pluses

1 free drinks package

2 no air or hotel

3 lunch on sea days

4 LIVE music in Shows

5 great diabetic ice cream & flavored water

6 more crew lesspassengers

7 less crowded

Sunshine plus

diamond

I chose the Gem

Gem pluses

1 free drinks package

2 no air or hotel

3 lunch on sea days

4 LIVE music in Shows

7 less crowded

Sunshine plus

diamond

Interestingly different.

Edited by eponym

I've only been on the Pride with CCL but we loved our cruise on the Gem. When we looked at a cruise for next year the Gem was $800 more than the Fascination so we took the Fascination even though she is older, but if the price were the same I would certainly book with NCL (depending of course on how many more changes the new management makes:)).

Why are you even posting this? What could anyone say to make you think you didn't make the right choice? (Why would you have made it if you didn't think it was right?)

Your signature is clearly very anti-Carnival now. Was your only intention of this post to be inflammatory?

Why not post on the NCL board and ask more about what to expect on the Gem?

(We almost sailed NCL a few years ago but ended up canceling in favor of a land vacation. This year, we needed a cruise out of Galveston, at a specific time of the year, so we went with Carnival again.)

• 2 weeks later...

I took advantage of a Single sale I upgraded to a Mini suite with the UBP I paid an extra 97.20 but saved 500

I live in NYC so when you add air and hotel for what I paid i would get only an inside on the glory for 7 days

Why are you even posting this? What could anyone say to make you think you didn't make the right choice? (Why would you have made it if you didn't think it was right?)

Your signature is clearly very anti-Carnival now. Was your only intention of this post to be inflammatory?

Why not post on the NCL board and ask more about what to expect on the Gem?

(We almost sailed NCL a few years ago but ended up canceling in favor of a land vacation. This year, we needed a cruise out of Galveston, at a specific time of the year, so we went with Carnival again.)

Agree 100%. Anyone that looks at op's signature will know what his only intention was. Ashamed people feel the need to do this.

Anyway, enjoy your Gem.

Agree 100%. Anyone that looks at op's signature will know what his only intention was. Ashamed people feel the need to do this.

Anyway' date=' enjoy your Gem.[/quote']

Read my Sig +1 LOL

NCL left us somewhat cold. Twice we sailed with them because of family and once out of convenience (they used to sail out of Charleston, my home port).We still enjoyed our cruises with them but more than likely will not be back. Found included food mediocre (although their specialty dining is great!), service indifferent and rooms small. They do have excellent entertainment, probably the one area I would put them above some of the others. If they had a unique itinerary we may consider them again, but in general would look first to Celebrity, Royal or Carnival.

Hated NCL. Hated the ship, and I didn't enjoy having to spend extra $$ just to get something decent to eat.

I'm also not crazy about NYC.

To each, their own. Bon voyage!

Edited by VASOXFANN

The OP did not list Brunch at Sea for Sunshine but noted "lunch on sea days" for Gem. We had Brunch at Sea on the Carnival Dream; does Sunshine have this? How does it compare to Gem's lunch on sea days? The Brunch at Sea was held in a main dining room, open seating.

I chose the Gem

Gem pluses

1 free drinks package

2 no air or hotel

3 lunch on sea days

4 LIVE music in Shows

7 less crowded

Sunshine plus

diamond

Huge +++++++