Puerto Rico - Liberty 9 day cruise

No, that's the carnival pier right off Old San Juan..RCL docks further down on the Pan American Pier and you have to cab it to OSJ.

Royal uses one of the OSJ piers on day stops. They only use the Pan American pier for cruises originating and ending in San Juan.

Edited by clarea

You will dock in OSJ. The Pan American Pier is only used for ships embarking in San Juan for cruise lines other than Carnival. The pier is right next to the embarkation pier for Carnival. It is dead in the middle of Old San Juan, so we can just walk off, and you're there. :)

My bad. I have only done one cruise out of SJ and that was the Carnival Valor and we were at the OSJ pier. I did see the other Pier and the 2 royal ships in port....Didn't realize royal docks at the OSJ pier...that's good to know. Thanks!

Can you make some suggestions on best things to do while in OSJ. I've read on another post that the Liberty's time frame is from 7-1 and many things where closed until 10:30, any suggestions. Any nice beaches to walk to from the ship until stores open?

Can you make some suggestions on best things to do while in OSJ. I've read on another post that the Liberty's time frame is from 7-1 and many things where closed until 10:30, any suggestions. Any nice beaches to walk to from the ship until stores open?

I'd go see one of the forts, they are walking distance.

The Segway Tour is great! I believe it's offered through the ship (and you have to do it through them.) However, when we were on the Explorer, we came in a day early due to hurricane and the reservations were void. So I called the company and they were able to book us directly. The tour guide was great, very knowledgeable and friendly. Great way to see OSJ instead of walking. We would have also gotten into the forts, except it was Columbus Day, so they were closed.

There are no nice beaches nearby. Twice we did RCI's ATV excursion to the rain forest. Tons of fun.

Or, as previously mentioned, you can visit El Morro . There is a free shuttle that will take you up to the fort and I recommend walking down to see the various shops, eateries, etc.