Early reports from Crown to Alaska?

jasbo49

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, no. I didn't think of it. We literally ate all over the ship so I can't even offer any suggestions. The MDR had a good Alaskan salmon on the 2nd formal night. Also, the lobster and filet were very good in Crown Grill. We ate there on the 1st formal night. I can't even remember what we had at Sabatinis. We also ate in a few ports. I guess I should have paid more attention, LOL.

Do you know what night had the Baked Alaska? Where do we book the Crown Grill and Sabatinis once we board? Any suggestions on what nights to skip the MDR and do specialty?

We cruise this upcoming Saturday on 6/13. I will post menus and kids club patters.

Thanks so much again for the patters, really appreciate it.

Do you know what night had the Baked Alaska? Where do we book the Crown Grill and Sabatinis once we board? Any suggestions on what nights to skip the MDR and do specialty?

We cruise this upcoming Saturday on 6/13. I will post menus and kids club patters.

Thanks so much again for the patters, really appreciate it.

Baked Alaska is usually the last night. ;)

Just head to the CG or Sabatini's and they will have a podium set up to take reservations.

We were on the May 23rd. sailing, as avid Princess cruisers nothing really to report on exactly what we have come to expect from Princess that's why we keep coming back, we take the bad with the good it was another wonderful cruise to Alaska, our fifth.

1..The ship was healthy no reports of Noro at least that we heard of, it was a short seven day cruise with younger passengers onboard, maybe that helped?

2..The tropical flower arrangement in the suites has been replaced with some type of a couple of flowers on a bent over stick?

3.. The first port Juneau was a free for all getting off the ship, never seen this before, did not meet before hand and leave as a tour group, all 3000 passengers just got in line and left at once it was horrible took some well over an hour standing in line just to get off the ship.

4..The vibration from the ships propeller shafts is as bad as it has ever been and getting a lot worse, tried to make the repair during the dry dock but was again unsuccessful, not good we had breakfast at Sabatini's every morning in the rear of the ship and it was pretty bad, no very bad, those of you getting onboard can judge for yourselves.

5.. The weather in Alaska was as warm as it has ever been for this early in the season in, we did the train to Lake Bennett and Carcross, 80 degrees already.

That's our take on The Crown and our sailing back to Alaska enjoy.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

Just head to the CG or Sabatini's and they will have a podium set up to take reservations.

Thanks so much Colo Cruiser, cannot miss my baked Alaska :)

4..The vibration from the ships propeller shafts is as bad as it has ever been and getting a lot worse, tried to make the repair during the dry dock but was again unsuccessful, not good we had breakfast at Sabatini's every morning in the rear of the ship and it was pretty bad, no very bad, those of you getting onboard can judge for yourselves.

Uh oh, my mom has a rear ship balcony on the Emerald deck (8). Sounds like this might be a problem. Maybe I should try to get her changed. Less than a week now though, so I am suspecting slim chances of changing cabins.

Princess web site states that the Princess@Sea is available on the Crown but the Princess@Sea Messenger is still not available. I was hoping maybe they would get it up and running during the last drydock. Does anyone know for sure if it is working?

On Seattle round trip cruises, where the last evening is spent in Victoria, the Baked Alaska is served on the 2nd to last night, which is usually a formal night.

3.. The first port Juneau was a free for all getting off the ship, never seen this before, did not meet before hand and leave as a tour group, all 3000 passengers just got in line and left at once it was horrible took some well over an hour standing in line just to get off the ship.

I often take independent excursions, but I've done maybe half a dozen Princess excursions in Alaska over the years, and none of them met on the ship. We have always met on shore. Usually there are lots of tour guides holding Princess excursion signs on shore, so I think all/most are done that way in Alaskan ports.

On Seattle round trip cruises, where the last evening is spent in Victoria, the Baked Alaska is served on the 2nd to last night, which is usually a formal night.

I often take independent excursions, but I've done maybe half a dozen Princess excursions in Alaska over the years, and none of them met on the ship. We have always met on shore. Usually there are lots of tour guides holding Princess excursion signs on shore, so I think all/most are done that way in Alaskan ports.

Just off the crown - baked alaska served on Victoria night. Parade of the Baked Alaska happened around 6:30-ish.

For Juneau this past week they had folks who had early excursions meet in two groups in the Princess Theater. I don't recall how they divided the groups, but if you had excursions within a certain timeframe you met first, with a second group shortly thereafter.

Just off the crown. Baked Alaska was final night.

That's a change then. For the past 6 years, on round trip Seattle sailings, it has always been on the 2nd to last night. I may have to miss it this year, since I hate that final night menu and was thinking of doing the Crown Grill instead.

Is there usually enough time to eat dinner in the dining room before Victoria excursions?
a

yes there will be enough time.......

With arrival being around 7:00pm try and get to the DR early!

It will be packed as everyone has the same idea. ;)

Is there usually enough time to eat dinner in the dining room before Victoria excursions?

It will be packed right when the doors open, and nearly empty by 7:00. We've gone to dinner around 7 and been practically alone in the MDR. You'd think that would mean good service, but we've often found it to be the opposite.