WOW band question

When staying in a grand suite or higher, passengers are entitled to certain perks around the ship. Crew identify you as a suite guest by yr gold sea pass. Do suite WOW bands look any different for suite passengers?

When staying in a grand suite or higher, passengers are entitled to certain perks around the ship. Crew identify you as a suite guest by yr gold sea pass. Do suite WOW bands look any different for suite passengers?
Nope.:D

The WOW bands don't have to store anything other than a unique big identifier key of some sort. When it is presented (whether at your cabin door or anywhere else) that key is used by the systems onboard to look up the associated database record, and that tells the system whether you are authorized for whatever you're trying to use the WOW band for.

The freestyle soda cups have a similar identifier ("RFID", for "Radio Frequency ID") which is read by the freestyle machines to verify that the cup is covered by the beverage package for the current sailing.

Some credit cards have a similar RFID chip embedded in them, too.

If you want the perks that go along with being a Suite Guest and you want to be identified as such so that you will receive those perks, then you must show your Gold SeaPass Card.

This card is given to those booked in a GS or higher as well as C&A Pinnacle Club Members.

Edited by cruisenfever

This was the answer I was looking for. Such a shame that suite guests still have wear the lanyard and sea pass to access perks, when everyone else is free of this cumbersome attire.

Many thanks for all yr replies. ..have a great week.

This was the answer I was looking for. Such a shame that suite guests still have wear the lanyard and sea pass to access perks, when everyone else is free of this cumbersome attire.

Many thanks for all yr replies. ..have a great week.

Your WOW band will get you into the Concierge lounge (and the Diamond one if you are Diamond/D+ etc) - swipe it over the panel thing.

They also allow you to access the suite only sun deck area as well.

You can get the bands in a yellow colour so if you want one to match your card you can change them at GS. Very easy - we changed my black one to a white one.

Further to that if you don't like the ones with the plastic bits you can get watch strap ones too :D

Very easy - we changed my black one to a white one.

I can not confirm that, in our Sky Loft Suite we have found two wristbands , one in white and the other one in black color. So my spouse decided to wear hers in white.:)

Because my wrist is very large , i did not wear it at all, furthermore its cheap plastic/rubber and the fastener could produce an skin allergy.

Using your Gold Card gives you all functions at all.

You may watch my video from the cabin , you see my spouse wearing the white one and the other one is still on the bed.

Edited by Dinotoll

Maybe they should just tattoo it on your forehead (temporary, of course) so everyone can know you're important?

Edited by MisterBill99

Granted, part of our travelling is to feel special and pampered, but as we are both in caring professions, this is one of the few times where we put ourselves first and let other people makes us feel valued for a change. Have you never had a professional really listen to you and make you feel heard and worthwhile.? Do we not deserve this sometimes too? Dude we all human... we all have have the same needs and dysfunctions. ... I forgive your reaction. .will you forgive my need to be cared for as well as I care for my patients? .....☺

I didn't wear my wow band it bugged me on my wrist. The cheap plastic made my skin feel clammy and I didn't want a tan line so we decided to just use our sea pass cards. Also if you are having waiter service around the ship you have to remove your wow band while they take it to the bar to scan it anyway so we really didn't see the point

If you use your sea pass can you get a hole punched in it or do they have the chip in them and need to use a plastic sleeve?

They told us that you have to use the plastic sleeve even though did see one person with hers punched.

You can get the bands in a yellow colour so if you want one to match your card you can change them at GS. Very easy - we changed my black one to a white one.

Further to that if you don't like the ones with the plastic bits you can get watch strap ones too :D

I hated the ones with the knobs... Guest Services changed it for me with one with the watch-strap-type buckle instead, which I found MUCH better.

We were on Anthem at the beginning of May (Sailing number 3) & our WOW bands would open our Stateroom door & not much else...

They didn't store our C&A level or benefits so we still had to carry around our Sea Pass Cards to receive our 'Exclusive Onboard Savings'...

Maybe this was an early glitch ?

We shall see if this has improved when we are back on Anthem in 3 weeks time...

We stopped wearing our WOW bands after about day 4.

As others have said the bar staff didn't have a terminal on them so they needed to take your card (or band) to the bar.

Opening your stateroom was handy, but not worth the hassle of wearing the band full time.