Scattered thunderstorms at GSC next week, will we be able to go?

DimSum

Just saw the weather forecast and it's calling for 70% scattered thunderstorms at GSC. Would we still be able to go to GSC?

Not sure if I should even book a clam shell either.

This time of year that is a common forecast and the answer is maybe, maybe not depending on the exact weather conditions that exist on the day you visit. NCL doesn't like to skip GSC since all of the money spent on the island remains in their coffers so if there is any way to get you there they will.

OP: we were at GSC three weeks ago (today! :)). The forecast was pretty much the same you've mentioned for all over the Bahamas that week. We wound up having a beautiful day in Nassau, bracketed by early rain upon arrival, torrents of rain very late in the day that came and went quickly, and gorgeous sun and blue skies in between. The day at GSC started out very cloudy, and lots of folks did not get off the ship; we did, and we had a wonderful time. A little sprinkle during the morning, with the sun coming out later. Quite frankly, had it been sunny all day, it would have been uncomfortably hot (for me).

It's just a forecast a week out, you really don't know what the actual weather will be that day.

I hope you have a great trip!

It sounds like a typical weather forecast for Florida and the Bahamas for June. Weather systems down here aren't the all day or couple of day variety found up north (unless it is a tropical system).

Almost every day during the summer you can expect at least one quick thunder shower. These are usually gone within an hour or so. I wouldn't sweat it. :)

Just saw the weather forecast and it's calling for 70% scattered thunderstorms at GSC. Would we still be able to go to GSC?

We were at GSC 5 weeks ago on Breakaway and had a miserable weather report a week out -- rain forecast all three of our port days including GSC. But in the event it was actually really good weather all three days! It wound up being mostly cloudy at GSC, but no rain and as another poster said, it meant we didn't all turn into cooked lobsters.

I wouldn't worry about missing GSC, but you might want to hold off on purchasing beach equipment or shelter in advance unless money is no object.

If we don't go to GSC they will not charge you for the clamshell. Book it if you want to book it.

I think everyday all summer you will see a forecast of scattered showers. As long as the wind and seas are reasonable they will stop at GSC. First time I went it rained all day and that was in January many years ago. We finally took a tender in late afternoon stepped on the empty beach and returned on the same tender.

As a South Floridian, Scattered Showers means ... it´s probably is going to rain sometime in the afternoon, but no more than than an hour. Don´t worry about it.:cool:

Edited by aibanez

OP, that is pretty much the weather every day during April - October in the Bahamas. Don't even think about it. If it rains it will blow out in a few minutes.

Edited by zqvol

Took Sky in late April and we bypassed GSC. The forecast showed 90 percent chance of thunderstorms so hopefully the 20 percentage point difference will help. Still had a great time, and then a slow trek to Nassau. Hopefully next time will be a go. Happy sailing. NCL Sky was great. The staff was so friendly.