Struggling with choosing a snorkeling excursion on Breakaway/ Bermuda

danyel

Has anybody done the Shipwreck and Coral Reef Snorkel Combo? since you are doing two stops, do you have enough time at each? Can you see the shipwreck without going too deep?

Has anybody done the Coral reef snorkel? Thoughts?

Bermuda Triangle Shipwreck snorkel? Again, can you see the shipwrecks without going too deep?

Also, need a boat that offers some shade for relief from sun since some sunburn easily. Focusing on good snorkeling rather than other watersports for this outing.

Any of these offer prescription masks? how do these work with prescriptions varying?

Thanks for any feedback!

Thank you for the suggestion, janetz. I did look at Jessie James and it does look good but I am wondering if there is enough shade on the boat for DH who sunburns very easily. Also, I am nervous about not using an excursion through the ship after speaking with my TA.

Thank you for the suggestion, janetz. I did look at Jessie James and it does look good but I am wondering if there is enough shade on the boat for DH who sunburns very easily. Also, I am nervous about not using an excursion through the ship after speaking with my TA.

Bermuda is about the last place in the world where you need to do a cruise ship's excursion.

I can't imagine why your TA would say that.

If you want to ask a question about Jessie James or any other Bermuda tour operator, post it on the Bermuda Ports of Call board. I'm sure any number of posters there can tell you all about the Jessie James excursion.

We used Jessie James a few years back. They do a great job. There is enough shade but the boat is on the small side

They pick you up and drop you off right next to the ship and you go to 3 spots. One to learn to snorkel in shallow water, the 2nd is over the sunken ship (40 to 50 feet of water) and then to a reef.

Overall the best snorkel trip we have done and we did save money over booking with the ship. No need to worry.

Just to chime in, I've been to Bermuda twice and for goodness sakes, do your own excursion. Smaller vendors may only take cash, but it's so easy. When you get to the dockyards, you'll find plenty of vendors who do it for a fraction of what the ship will charge.