Shareholder benefit question

skittl1321

The carnival OBC for shareholders say only 1 credit per shareholder occupied cabin.

If my husband and I are jointly named on the brokerage account, and both shareholders, if we are in separate cabins, do we both get the credit? Or would we then need 200 shares?

The only way for you to both get it is for each of you to buy 100 shares individually and than book cabins under each name separately.

You may want to contact Carnival on this. I think if you have two different booking numbers, the 100 shares may be enough.

The carnival OBC for shareholders say only 1 credit per shareholder occupied cabin.

If my husband and I are jointly named on the brokerage account, and both shareholders, if we are in separate cabins, do we both get the credit? Or would we then need 200 shares?

100 shares, owned jointly, is fine.

The only way for you to both get it is for each of you to buy 100 shares individually and than book cabins under each name separately.

This has not been our experience.

We jointly own 100 shares of Carnival stock. When we booked two separate staterooms, one with my s-i-l and me and the other with b-i-l and husband, we submitted two separate shareholder credit requests and received them. Same when my girlfriend and I booked one stateroom and her husband and my husband were in another stateroom. When we went to Guest Services to have our S&S cards reprogrammed so the correct couples shared staterooms, my husband's credits followed him on his S&S cards. It was nice beginning two cruises with $200 obc.

As long as each of you has a different booking number, you can each submit.

Enjoy your extra $$. :D

Edited by stargate fan

100 shares, owned jointly, is fine.

This has not been our experience.

We jointly own 100 shares of Carnival stock. When we booked two separate staterooms, one with my s-i-l and me and the other with b-i-l and husband, we submitted two separate shareholder credit requests and received them. Same when my girlfriend and I booked one stateroom and her husband and my husband were in another stateroom. When we went to Guest Services to have our S&S cards reprogrammed so the correct couples shared staterooms, my husband's credits came followed him on his S&S cards. It was nice beginning two cruises with $200 obc.

As long as each of you has a different booking number, you can each submit.

Enjoy your extra $$. :D

Interesting. Earlier this year we took our kids on a cruise and we booked separate cabins with me in one and hubby in the other.

According to our pvp we could only use one stockholder credit for the two cabins.

Interesting. Earlier this year we took our kids on a cruise and we booked separate cabins with me in one and hubby in the other.

According to our pvp we could only use one stockholder credit for the two cabins.

Perhaps your PVP was misinformed. We always fax our info ourselves.

The double dipping is a loophole. The benefit is NOT supposed to be available for 2 credits on the SAME cruise. For 2 credits to be given- it's supposed to be 200 shares owned, NOT 100 using it twice.

I won't be surprised, if a better tracking method comes about in the future, with jointly owned shares.

My husband owns 200 shares and even when we have two cabins (one for us and one for the kids), he is only ever been able to get one credit on the room he is in.

Do you jointly own the shares? Or does your husband own the shares?

Because as described, only the shareholder gets the benefit- so it doesn't matter how many shares your husband has, you aren't a shareholder.

Would this be different if you jointly held them?

Interesting that some people have gotten into the loophole for 2 cabins.

Thanks for responding. Guess we will see what happens.

Do you jointly own the shares? Or does your husband own the shares?

Because as described, only the shareholder gets the benefit- so it doesn't matter how many shares your husband has, you aren't a shareholder.

Would this be different if you jointly held them?

Interesting that some people have gotten into the loophole for 2 cabins.

Thanks for responding. Guess we will see what happens.

If the shares were held jointly and the two cabins were booked with separate bookings, with one joint owner in each cabin, they should each get the $100 OBC.

The shareholder credit is granted based on a "per shareholder-occupied stateroom" basis. Since you are each shareholders, you may each claim the credit if you are booked in separate cabins.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Is there a catch to this? Can I just dump $4600 on 100 shares, get the trade confirmation, then sell again immediately? I realize I will lose $10 on two way trade but its still a 9x return....

Is there a catch to this? Can I just dump $4600 on 100 shares, get the trade confirmation, then sell again immediately? I realize I will lose $10 on two way trade but its still a 9x return....

Guess it would depend on how close it is to your sailing. In my experience with both RCCL and CCL, they want recent verification of ownership.

Guess it would depend on how close it is to your sailing. In my experience with both RCCL and CCL, they want recent verification of ownership.

We've submitted our stock info as far nine months pre-cruise and it has always been accepted. Then again, we have no plans on selling our Carnival stocks.

6 weeks out... I have a buy order in for tomorrow, and a pending sale should it go up more than enough to cover commissions. Since we have two cabins, I might have my wife do the same. At the current stock price, it kinda seems like free money.

We've submitted our stock info as far nine months pre-cruise and it has always been accepted. Then again, we have no plans on selling our Carnival stocks.

Good point! I am always such a procrastinator that I send my stuff in last minute. I guess what I should have said is that they seem to want confirmation of ownership that is current with request submission.