Nightlight in bathroom

Halfpint012

I have considered a battery operated tea light, just wondered if it would last the entire week. We don't leave the bathroom light on, as I don't want the bright light when I get up in the middle of the night - nor would I want to disturb my DH when I open the door. Only once did I really wish I had a night light - back in January when I completely missed the toilet, landing on my tailbone & almost passed out from the pain. Then, in May, had a close call, but had the presence of mind to wait until I could actually feel the seat before sitting. I know, a little TMI, but stuff like this is not all that uncommon. Well, maybe it is, but still hurts a bunch!

I thought about taking an electric nightlight for that outlet, but glad I didn't. We plugged our toothbrush charger in there & I noticed it didn't actually charge. Now I know why.

We have a small motion light, battery operated, that works perfect. It has a blue color and gives enough light to see around the room. The batteries last a long time. I also use these at home in different areas.

It can sit on a desk or hubby has a magnet that we can put it on the wall. Wall method does not work on all ships. He got it at Harbor Freight.

Wouldn't leave home without it!

I have a LED, battery operated, motion detection nightlight that has a magnetic back. Got it at Lowes. Works great.

A motion detected night lite would be perfect. I'll check that out. I'd put one on the floor near my bed. Spaces are so tight in cabins that would save a LOT of bumped toes and shins. If not too expensive I'd get 2. One for cabin and one for bathroom.

Actually just picked up a 2-pack at the dollar tree yesterday for our cruise in 16 days. They have on-off switch to conserve battery power also. Can't beat it for a dollar and really small for packing purposes.

This exactly what we've used for the last 5 or 6 cruises. Works great and as someone else said, it's just enough light to not fully wake you up!

You won't need a nightlight. As mentioned leave the bathroom light on. Close or crack door open to adjust the light you want. Otherwise you have to use the outlet by the desk.

I have no issue navigating the cabin in the dark and I sure don't want blaring light to disturb DW or DD if she's with us when I go to the bathroom at night beyond the sound the flush :)

Muted lighting works very good for us! :)

I have no issue navigating the cabin in the dark and I sure don't want blaring light to disturb DW or DD if she's with us when I go to the bathroom at night beyond the sound the flush :)

Muted lighting works very good for us! :)

I agree with you on navigating the cabin in the dark. There's enough light coming from the hallway to get me to the bathroom. It's once inside that I need some light.

Glad I read this post cuz I now have a note in my cruise bag to add tealight candles or tap light for our next cruise.

I found a motion detecting led battery operated flashlight at Home Depot today. It also can be turned on & off manually. I think it was $8.97, uses 3 AAA batteries. It's about 3"x3" (or maybe a tad bigger), but very slim and will pack easily. I plan to just lay it on one of the shelves in the bathroom.