Insure My Trip....

How long after you book your cruise you can purchase trip insurance from insuremytrip??

Go to insuremytrip and look at the policies. There are different requirements for the different inclusions. My suggestion is to go in ASAP. You don't want to wait too long.

Book within 2 weeks of cruise down payment to get preexisting medical conditions covered. Also I got ins the day before my bday as I think the price goes up with age. good luck!

Depends on what you are looking to cover.

If you want special riders added to your policy such as "Cancel For Any Reason" or you want "pre-existing medical conditions "waived, then you MUST purchased your initial coverage within 15 days of your initial deposit.

If you're just looking for general coverage for Trip Delay, Trip Cancellation, basic medical, etc,,,, then you can wait until the day of final payment or whenever the cruise lines penalties start to kick in.

Just note that travel insurance is not a be all end all type of thing.

Examples

You miss the ship and need to get to next port. YOU have to pay all out of pocket expenses,,, THEN file for reimbursement.

Need medical care? YOU pay the bill, THEN file for reimbursement.

2 days before you leave, fido gets sick and you decide to stay home,, insurance doesn't cover that.

Car breaks down on the way to the port? Insurance may or may not cover. Depends on policy.

Research and learn what your policy does and does not cover.

Different companies have different policies. I just purchased our insurance through insuremytrip.com and the company I went with had a stipulation you had to purchase 30 days before the first day of your trip. I don't sail until August 8th so I was fine. When you enter your info they'll match you with companies that will cover you.

I usually just buy medical evacuation/medical coverage (outside of whatever my normal health insurance won't cover). It's cheap and sometimes includes pre-existing conditions and even trip interruption and lost baggage.

I went with HCC Medical Insurance Services "Atlas International." It included $5k trip interruption, pre-existing conditions, evacuation up to $1million, $500 baggage loss, $50k terrorism, $50k medical, and it even had a $10k personal liability benefit, $0 deductible. All that for $19.68 total for me and my hubby.

How long after you book your cruise you can purchase trip insurance from insuremytrip??

If you want a cancellation policy, you should get one within 24 hours of booking the cruise for the better policies. Some give you longer.

Most of those on the site are secondary insurance. I prefer primary and usually use Travelex.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

If you want to purchase the insurance no reason to wait.

We do not have pre-existing conditions, so we wait until final payment is done.

Why- because if we cancel the cruise, we get our deposit back, but would be out the insurance money. That is enough to make me wait.

You have already received some really great responses. I usually buy insurance strictly for the "Cancel For Any Reason" stipulation - which really only refunds 75% unless it's for one of their covered reasons in which case you'll get 100% refund (bot worse case scenario, you'll get 75%).

http://www.mhross.com i just purchased insurance for 4 without them being secondary and up to 50,000 medical and trip insurance cancellation and it only cost me 96.00 total seems like a good deal to me.

I was ended up in the ship hospital with my son first asthma attack ever and the total bill was over 900.00 so i am going to be on the safe side from now on and just purchase insurance if it only cost 96.00 total.

I hate to pay it but peace of mind is priceless with 2 teenage boys. You never know when you they need sticthes or broken something or other.

http://www.mhross.com i just purchased insurance for 4 without them being secondary and up to 50,000 medical and trip insurance cancellation and it only cost me 96.00 total seems like a good deal to me.

I was ended up in the ship hospital with my son first asthma attack ever and the total bill was over 900.00 so i am going to be on the safe side from now on and just purchase insurance if it only cost 96.00 total.

I hate to pay it but peace of mind is priceless with 2 teenage boys. You never know when you they need sticthes or broken something or other.

Wise decision. Just note that insuremytrip.com has numerous policies and companies they deal with. You can put in all your criteria to find the best policy for you.