Escape April 2016 - "less" kids on board?

We sailed on the Carnival Breeze the last full week of April Apr 25 - May 3

There were about 500 kids on board according to the camp counselors. They said the previous " weeks" the kids were 1000-1500.

So I agree that late April or early May is better for "less" kids.

I will say this we are booked on the Escape for the last full week of April in 2016 (23-30) and our kids will be coming, even though it is not their spring break...its mine so we have to sail on my schedule.

There will be kids. Even if Spring Break is over.

Thank you, legion3.

We will have our DD7 with us as well. I'm not wishing no kids at all, I'm more just trying to see how busy the Splash Academy will be with the new sign-up capacity rules in place. We're hoping to be able to use it during the night times.

Thank you, legion3.

We will have our DD7 with us as well. I'm not wishing no kids at all, I'm more just trying to see how busy the Splash Academy will be with the new sign-up capacity rules in place. We're hoping to be able to use it during the night times.

I would think that, and hope, that the last week of April and early May is not the "high times" NCL thinks for kids, given Spring Breaks are basically over. But given their recent track record who knows.

FWIW Carnival never had any policy like that in place, and we never had any problems with dropping off the kids at Camp Ocean during that week. And the place was never overrun with kids.

Edited by legion3

I will say this we are booked on the Escape for the last full week of April in 2016 (23-30) and our kids will be coming, even though it is not their spring break...its mine so we have to sail on my schedule.

There will be kids. Even if Spring Break is over.

We are boarding on the 30th with out two young daughters. We also did this because we know there will be way less kids on that date since its AFTER spring break and it gave us the best price with the kids sail free promo. We just did an RCL on the 24th of April for the same reasons and there were hardly any kids on board. Gave us piece and quiet and our kids more room to play. Same plan for the Escape.

We are boarding on the 30th with out two young daughters. We also did this because we know there will be way less kids on that date since its AFTER spring break and it gave us the best price with the kids sail free promo. We just did an RCL on the 24th of April for the same reasons and there were hardly any kids on board. Gave us piece and quiet and our kids more room to play. Same plan for the Escape.

Its funny you say that because when we originally booked the April 23 cruise it was a kids sail free (or 3/4 sail free) and we got the UDP.

Now the cruise is a 3/4 passengers sail half price and the price of our cabin has jumped over $1000. No UDP as an option as the deals have changed.

Glad I booked when I did. NCL must think more kids will be sailing that week? Hmmm, or who knows what is in their thinking?

Its funny you say that because when we originally booked the April 23 cruise it was a kids sail free (or 3/4 sail free) and we got the UDP.

Now the cruise is a 3/4 passengers sail half price and the price of our cabin has jumped over $1000. No UDP as an option as the deals have changed.

UDP (ultimate dining) is still available, the UBP (ultimate beverage) isn't anymore. The beverage package is what sold me and my wife as it's worth hundreds more then the others. My wife and I put our drink package to great use on our RCL cruise last month and I plan to do the same on the Escape. The Kids Sail Free promo works well with our young girls. I've watched the prices climb as well since March when I booked that one.

I don't see the Ultimate dining Package anymore on our cruise it is now a promotion called Free Specialty Dining Credit which for a 7day cruise is $75 pp.

Is this truly the same? $75 and once its used its gone?

We are only booking an inside cabin for 3. When I go through and do my mock booking, it keeps giving me a disabled room (for 3 people), it's the only one left in that category for this sailing. Do I just take it?

Yes Or call

FYI - I live in the burbs of NYC and many MANY schools in this area have a screwed up spring break next year due to Easter and Passover being far apart. Passover is April 22-30 and Easter is March 27. We get 5 days off at Passover and because we don't celebrate, it's a great time to get away. May see more kids than usual on the April 23rd, but not the 30th. Just throwing in when we're off here in this area if that helps. So both the dates you're looking at are definitely after an Easter break and a Passover break. We rarely get off toward the end of April but in 2016 we do.

Edited by youngestof9

We sail in Oct or Nov when there are fewer kids. The little ones are cute, though.

Totally off topic, but this is driving me crazy... When did "fewer" become "less." Did I miss a grammar change somewhere? :D "Less" is even used by newscasters now!

Thank you, legion3.

Wait...what? What are the new "sign up capacity" rules? Cruising in February with 4 grandkids, what do I need to know?!!