Glacier Bay vs Hubbard Bay

csk

Planning a trip to Alaska, could someone tell me the difference between the two glaciers?

Glacier Bay has several glaciers which you see as you sail into and out of the bay. The star is Marjorie Glacier where you stay for a long time as the ship turns around to head out of the bay. Hubbard Glacier is enormous and you see it as soon as you enter Yakutat Bay. It just gets larger and larger as you go in and is breath-taking when you reach it. I don't think that you would be disappointed with either of them. Many people say that Glacier Bay is the one to see on your first trip to AK but Hubbard Glacier is much more impressive to me.

I would agree 100% with what judynorth said. I find Glacier bay is more of an all day experience, where you go from glacier to glacier, while Hubbard is more impressive overall for just how huge it is. They are both amazing, I wouldnt worry too much about that.

I am inclined to agree with the above posts and just say that is beautiful as Glacier Bay is you are not giving up anything to visit the magnificent Hubbard Glacier which really consists of 4 glaciers.

Both are certainly extremely spectacular, with EVERY viewing unique. constant state of change. A lot can go into the cruise selection with the compromises you can live with. Each is worth seeing.