Pearl laundry service

Hpcomcom

Each cruise usually has a laundry day special. It will be all the clothes you can stuff into one of the laundry bags for about $30. They will come back folded in a wicker basket. ...although sometimes I've had them returned pressed and on hangers. Out one day, back the next...usually. Leave the bag out and your room steward will take care of it.

This is the NCL Laundry price - as of March 2015 (subject to change w/o notice, yada yada)

On Day 1, there is usually a Press only special and midweek of a 7 night cruise, the Bag Special - $27.95 currently (there is no 18% auto-gratuity ... yet) - pack & stuff it in to get your money's worth.

Being Platintum, we got our free laundry & stuffed almost $100 worth of items to be washed & folded into the Bag - used only 1 of 2 bag - helped us to pack & travel light at all times.

Edited by mking8288

If you plan well, and roll your clothes very tightly, you can get a lot of clothes in that bag. I always take photos before they go out so I know what to expect coming back.

We did get a few items mixed up with a neighbor, but the room steward fixed that right away.

Put it out in the morning, returned the next afternoon/evening.

There will be a flyer in the dailies announcing the laundry bag special. On our cruise last month on the Star, the price was $24.95. A review last week on the Gem showed the price was $19.95 - a real bargain!

Edited by herdingdogmom

Can anyone tell me about the laundry service on the Pearl. I understand that there is no self service, but what about Pick Up And Fold? Cost? Special days, etc.

We have been on the Pearl 3 times and here is our experience: day 1, they run a pressing only special: 1/2 price. We love it; then about 1/2 through there is a bag of laundry available for about $25.00. I am not sure of the price as we are platinum and get free landfry. I do know the bag of laundry does include folding. You simply fill the bag in the morning, your cabin steward will pick it up and it will be returned sometime the next day, usually in the evening. BTW, we did use the service before we became platium. If nothing else it is nice to take clean clothes home and even nicer to be able to cut back on how much you have to pack.

Just sailed the Pearl 5/17-5/27. No fill the bag laundry special. Was told the policy is being reviewed and will most likely return with a smaller bag but for less $$. So don't count on the fill the bag special if you're sailing soon.

• 1 month later...

So what is the pricing if there is no fill the bag special? To be honest, we are jut talking about some unmentionables and a few shirts, as we too have some additional days and I do not wish to overpack.

Thanks.

This is the NCL Laundry price - as of March 2015 (subject to change w/o notice, yada yada)

So what is the pricing if there is no fill the bag special? To be honest, we are jut talking about some unmentionables and a few shirts, as we too have some additional days and I do not wish to overpack.

Thanks.

The price list is in the above quoted text ....

Edited by Sauer-kraut

We sailed on the Pearl 6/14-6/21/15. The Laundry Special was on Glacier Bay Day, Thursday the 18th. We were charged a flat $19.95 (no extra taxes or gratuity) for 1 bag. Sorry, I didn't keep the laundry price list. I want to say we stuffed around $150 worth in it.

Edited by MonArk23