Changing to a different promo offer

erocrobro

I booked a cruise last week because I wanted to ensure we could get 3/4 passenger free even though none of the promos thrilled me. Now that they are offering UBP, I would love to switch to that. If I call, will I be allowed to choose the new promo or will I have to go through the process of canceling/rebooking. Our cruise is still showing as 3/4 sail free for July. I know there won't be any penalties, it would just be easier if they allowed the switch.

I booked a cruise last week because I wanted to ensure we could get 3/4 passenger free even though none of the promos thrilled me. Now that they are offering UBP, I would love to switch to that. If I call, will I be allowed to choose the new promo or will I have to go through the process of canceling/rebooking. Our cruise is still showing as 3/4 sail free for July. I know there won't be any penalties, it would just be easier if they allowed the switch.

Hi. I just did this this morning with NCL. I was allowed to cancel and then reinstate the booking and was allowed to choose a different promo under the new June promo codes. The price of the cruise remained the same, but you would want to ensure that that was the case for yours. Just give them a call and they can walk you through the entire thing. It was fast and easy.

If you used a PCC, you don't really have to go through any big "process". We called ours this morning, he rebooked us under the new promo, same cabin, etc. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. It was nothing.

Thanks all! Now I just need to do the math and make sure it's what we want. With the addition of tips, it increases out fare a bit. If the second passenger is underage and only gets the soda package, they surely only pay tips on that package, correct? I don't drink a lot, especially with 4 port days, but it would be nice to try new drinks and not worry about cost plus my kids always want the soda package.

Thanks all! Now I just need to do the math and make sure it's what we want. With the addition of tips, it increases out fare a bit. If the second passenger is underage and only gets the soda package, they surely only pay tips on that package, correct? I don't drink a lot, especially with 4 port days, but it would be nice to try new drinks and not worry about cost plus my kids always want the soda package.

What tips? There are none. The 18% gratuity is covered with the drinks package!

The only thing you may have to pay is tax while in port, which is minimal anyway.

The only thing you may have to pay is tax while in port, which is minimal anyway.

Under the new promo the taxes are not included with the drink package you have to pay them - they show up as a separate line item in the total charges

Not under the new promo. Unless you are in a suite or haven they are adding the 18% for the UDP or UBP to the invoice.

You need to read the fine print:

*Service Charge added at time of booking (Excluding Suites & The Haven). For a 7-day cruise that charge is; Ultimate Dining-$21.42, Ultimate Beverage-$68.04, Soda Package-$8.19

Under the new promo the taxes are not included with the drink package you have to pay them - they show up as a separate line item in the total charges

We are NOT talking about taxes here. We are talking about gratuities. Those are completely different things.

Edited by LrgPizza