Fishing pole to bring aboard???

I know what you are all thinking!!! I'm NOT going to be fishing from the boat. LOL

But I am an avid fisherman. I was just wondering if I can bring my rod so I can fish at the ports? ie Cabo, Mazatlan & PV.

SHORE FISHING IS MY FAVORITE.

Thanks!!

I know what you are all thinking!!! I'm NOT going to be fishing from the boat. LOL

But I am an avid fisherman. I was just wondering if I can bring my rod so I can fish at the ports? ie Cabo, Mazatlan & PV.

Thanks!!

Bringing just about anything aboard is easy, fishing rods included.

I have a travel rod that breaks down (4 piece). If you have a airport proof rod case you can bring that you. I have fished all over the Caribbean and Mexico while cruising.

Catch'em up:)

Thanks!!

I would love to watch you troll off the back of the 8th deck. That would be great!!!!!

I always cruise with a pack rod... DW lays out on the beach, I find a spot away from swimmers and always manage to catch a few. First pack rod I had was from Gander Mountain, and was their brand... first hook up was about a ten lb grouper from the pier the ship was tied up to in Bermuda. As I set the hook, the rod snapped at the handle. I had to hand over hand the fish and eventually landed it. HAL is my favorite line for fishing as they have shrimp available at the omelet station... (yeah, yeah, I know you're not supposed to take food off the ship...). I've upgraded to Ugly Sticks and although heavy and not great action, they do hold up well. I had excellent success on the back side of Great Stirrup Cay, including a 3' barracuda that had a very bad disposition. That was some years ago and I know they've developed a lot more of the island, but you should be able to find somewhere away from the crowds to fish.

Oh, and if considering BVI/Tortola, you will need a license, which is the only Caribbean cruise destination I've been to that does.

And don't laugh too hard about fishing from the ship... we were tendering in to Cozumel a few years ago and we went along side a RCL ship... I saw 3 or four lines coming down from above, looked up and there were some crew members fishing!

Edited by fishin' musician

We are booked on a Norwegion Fiords cruise next year. Has anyone done any shore fishing there whilst cruising or know of any party/charter boat fishing trips?

My husband has fished in Norway before but that has always been on fishing holidays with the guys

I always cruise with a pack rod... DW lays out on the beach' date=' I find a spot away from swimmers and always manage to catch a few. First pack rod I had was from Gander Mountain, and was their brand... first hook up was about a ten lb grouper from the pier the ship was tied up to in Bermuda. As I set the hook, the rod snapped at the handle. I had to hand over hand the fish and eventually landed it. HAL is my favorite line for fishing as they have shrimp available at the omelet station... (yeah, yeah, I know you're not supposed to take food off the ship...). I've upgraded to Ugly Sticks and although heavy and not great action, they do hold up well. I had excellent success on the back side of Great Stirrup Cay, including a 3' barracuda that had a very bad disposition. That was some years ago and I know they've developed a lot more of the island, but you should be able to find somewhere away from the crowds to fish.

Oh, and if considering BVI/Tortola, you will need a license, which is the only Caribbean cruise destination I've been to that does.

And don't laugh too hard about fishing from the ship... we were tendering in to Cozumel a few years ago and we went along side a RCL ship... I saw 3 or four lines coming down from above, looked up and there were some crew members fishing![/quote']

Florida of course also requires fishing permits.