Transatlantic in Crown Loft - how's the motion?

The thread title kind of says it all. :D

Have a hold on the Oct 2016 WBTA on Harmony, thanks to the price drops yesterday. We are looking at a crown loft, but DH is worried about how bad the motion might be on the 17th deck on a TA.

We've done a crown loft on allure and barely felt any movement, but had very calm seas the whole time. We've never done a TA, so no idea what to expect.

Has anyone here done a TA in a crown loft? did you feel a lot of motion?

Thanks!

The thread title kind of says it all. :D

Have a hold on the Oct 2016 WBTA on Harmony, thanks to the price drops yesterday. We are looking at a crown loft, but DH is worried about how bad the motion might be on the 17th deck on a TA.

We've done a crown loft on allure and barely felt any movement, but had very calm seas the whole time. We've never done a TA, so no idea what to expect.

Has anyone here done a TA in a crown loft? did you feel a lot of motion?

Thanks!

I am on Allure now. The crew said the sailing coming over was smooth. I suspect the answer will be, it depends on the weather, which effects the seas. We experienced hurricane Sandy on the Allure and we had 30' seas the last night. It was rocking and rolling on deck 17. Drawers were opening and shutting as well as the closet door sliding open and shut. Each time the light would turn off and on. Sounds like you might want a safer cabin a few decks lower, such as a OS.

The seas here are smooth as glass for the past week. It has been great.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I am on Allure now. The crew said the sailing coming over was smooth. I suspect the answer will be, it depends on the weather, which effects the seas. We experienced hurricane Sandy on the Allure and we had 30' seas the last night. It was rocking and rolling on deck 17. Drawers were opening and shutting as well as the closet door sliding open and shut. Each time the light would turn off and on. Sounds like you might want a safer cabin a few decks lower, such as a OS.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, A & L. Hello to all from us.

Thanks, A&L. Glad you are currently having smooth seas. :) Since we'd be sailing in Oct, hurricanes would definitely be a concern, though we've lucked out so far with good weather on all of our fall cruises.

We would have snatched up an OS in a heartbeat, but they are all sold out on the TA. There are some GS available on decks 6/7/8, but i really dislike their location on the oasis-class ships - i hate being right behind the hump. There are also a few JS available center-hump on the same lower decks, but then no suite perks, which we generally enjoy.

Oh, the first world problems.... :D