Has anyone used the hide-a-bed

Goldenpaw

Looking for information on the hide-a-beds in the mini suites on the Regal Princess. Anyone ever slept on one? Would you put your mother on one for 7 days?

Very uncomfortable. No way will your mother have a restful sleep on it for 7 days. She will be stiff and hurting if she sleeps much at all. The hide-a-beds are good for kids only...not adults...especially an older adult.

My friend slept on one on Royal Princess last New Year's. He said it was fine... Here's a pic.

16297501725_ce837fe8a5_z.jpg

Royal Princess - New Year's 2015 008 by Richard, on Flickr

Wow - the ones on the Grand class that I have been in open the opposite way. This is better.

Very uncomfortable. No way will your mother have a restful sleep on it for 7 days. .

Your mother may come after you!

Better sleep with one eye open. Or let her have the reg bed.

What a dreadful suggestion Dahling. One assumes that you have been misguided by Your travel agent and/or by posts on this forum.

Buy another cabin, and let Your Mom have an enjoyable cruise. This would be a terrible way to have a vacation, Imagine trying to sleep.

Do the right thing Hun, both for yourself and you Mom and book another cabin. You will feel better for doing it.

You already have doubts, hence the question on here.

You owe it to your Mom, dont be cheap and book another cabin for her sake, and for Yours.....

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
GO L Y N N

Well this is interesting as I sleep on the hide-a-bed and allow my 84 y/o DM and her 70 y/o family friend to have the beds. But I also have never seen a sofa-bed open like this. We are on the Regal this year. Is it the same as this? Can anyone compare the two? I actually don't mind the one that opens the other way.

We were on the Regal and the bed is exactly as shown in the Royal pictures. My 23 year old son slept on the bed and it was comfortable. It is higher than an normal bed.

Good luck in your decision

• 1 year later...

As it turned out, the hide-a-bed was quite comfortable. Buying another cabin was not an acceptable option as Mom would not have been comfortable in a cabin alone. DW was prepared to take the hide-a-bed if necessary, but it worked out ok.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So glad it worked out. I was going to say that moms come in all shapes and sizes and some may sleep just fine. We just did a cruise with Mom and we did give her one of the beds, so she could tuck up against the wall and we could wander in and out without disturbing her. (We came in from a different time zone and were up much earlier.) The Ruby Princess mini-suite had a sofa bed that folded out in the more conventional direction, but from two-thirds of the sofa length, and the remaining third was still available as a seat. The frame of the bed was a bit creaky but DH said he slept just fine. To each his own.

Edited by emanddee