New beds on Golden??

blambition

Does anyone know if they have put the new bedding on the Golden in the suites and mini-suites yet? I will be sailing shortly and and have read so many complaints about the bedding situation that I'm really hoping they will have refitted the ship as soon as she came back from Europe. Thanks for any information you might have.

This answer is really going to throw you. Yes and No as of August 20th. We and others we knew all had mini suites. We had the new bed but others did not. I think they were in the process of replacing them since we did have one of the new mattress' but they did not (we were in an AA and they were in AB mini suites). I am sure that they will be finished and have them all replaced shortly if they haven't already.

I have to admit they weren't as good as I thought they would be. But it is one of the first times I did not wake up with a back ache on a Princess ship. ;)

We are also in cat. AA cabin D501 so with luck our cabin will be done. Our friends are just down the hall from us so I'm sure they will be in the same position as us.

How did you enjoy the cruise? Any helpful hints you can give us. We are counting the days!

• 6 months later...

Bumping this up in hopes of some updated information.

We're considering Golden and will book a mini-suite. Can anyone confirm the bedding upgrade has taken place in all mini-suite categories?

Thanks!

I am interested in this too. I am booked on the Grand Suite, and requested they change it from a King to two doubles. I am worried they will replace it with lesser quality beds if they in fact put higher quality beds in the suites.

Don't know about all but our AC on Dolphin deck had the upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Nice matresses but very firm on the edges so if configured for queen forget about sleeping near the center of the bed. You'll just roll back onto your side... :D

I was a little confused about having the duvet for a top cover with no top sheet. Do they wash these as much as the sheets? (Sure hope so.)

In October, all of the Dolphin minisuites had the new beds. Though, I am not sure how much of an improvement the new beds are. I wasn't thrilled with them.

On the other hand, I also enjoyed the new sheets/duvet but was also surprised there was no top sheet. I assume they are washing the duvet covers after each cruise.

Archived