Christmas Cruise

Haven't cruised in a while. Love RCL and are Emerald. We would like to try a Christmas Family Cruise....I am looking at the Freedom, 12/23/16. We have difference in income levels with families, and looking for the way to get our best cost for those that will struggle...book as a group? Individually? Best time? I have used an agent - that I was not happy with - what is the best way to find one? :cool: Just beginning at this point. I can't imagine anywhere that I could have more fun with the grandkids!

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you are booking eight, or more, cabins you can get a group rate. All the cabin categories can be different so hopefully you can find something for all income levels. I think any travel agency can help you with that. Naming actual agencies isn't allowed on this board. Like anything else, there are great agents and not so great agents so if you know many people that do a lot of cruising, ask them for referrals. You find the right one, and you can save hundreds of dollars, per person over booking through the cruise line itself. The cruise price might be the same, but most good travel agencies throw in extras, such as obc, prepaid gratuities, specialty dining, etc.

In fact some agencies block out a bunch of rooms and call it a group booking. They pass most of the savings on to the customer. Last October, we did a B2B, 27 day cruise, in a balcony, under an agency "group booking", and paid a total of $700 p.p. less than through Celebrity PLUS a very generous obc.

I don't know if this will work for a Christmas cruise as they are very popular and quite expensive.

I don't know if this will work for a Christmas cruise as they are very popular and quite expensive.

I booked my New Year Cruise on group booking through a TA.. Thank god, since we payed less total than Royal is asking pp for the same room.

So yeah, especially for Holiday time, group booking can make a world of difference

As already mentioned if 8 or more rooms do a group booking. Book with a TA to get the best pricing and perks possible. There are plenty of good agents and agencies out there. We cannot name them on this site as it's against the rules. I would simply do a Google search and read reviews.

I use a local agency where we live and yes there are excellant ones and ones you don't book with. Ask your friends in your home city who they use. The things to check for are, 1. Do they charge for changes in your booking, example moving to a new location, price drops, 2. do they call into a cruise line your payments or do they charge back to their company then pay the cruise lines. Make sure they call in your payment & authorize the cruise lines to charge your CC. Get a statement showing your booking and all payments.