Current Plantinum/Diamond Gift? Asking For A Family Member!

Yep, Game Set on "VALOR" recently as well. I can't even give 'em away. Kids here in the neighborhood don't want 'em. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

how sad is that when you cant even give them away. Always thought they should allow you to pick from a list to make sure people get something useful.

how sad is that when you cant even give them away. Always thought they should allow you to pick from a list to make sure people get something useful.

Carnival can't seem to give them away either.

I use my game board on every cruise, we play backgammon, chess, checkers, yahtzee and cards on it. When not on a cruise it could be displayed with other memorabilia, it's not a bad looking game board.

I wonder how many people just tossed them aside without even looking at them because the gift got so much bad press early on?

I hope they run out of the games before our B2B next January or we'll get 4 of them.

I know what you mean. We are doing 7 weeks straight on The Splendor. I don't want any more board games as we already have four. Plus, they are bulky and we are flying and we pack light with only carry-ons.

We were just on the Breeze. They gave out the chessboards. I asked Guest Services if I could swap them out for anything else and luckily they just received black toiletry bags which are pretty nice.

This was our first time to receive the game sets. I took one out and looked at it. It seems like an impractical gift. The board itself is pretty heavy and is about 12 inches square. It doesn't fold, so it's quite cumbersome to pack them. If we hadn't been able to exchange them, I would have given them to families on the ship.

• 1 month later...