new info on $50 birthday coupon

chrismch

I received the $50 "anniversary" coupon this week and am planning on booking soon, just not sure with whom. I noticed on some of the online sites that they ding you for coupons (16%, 25%, etc on the face value). Has anyone had this happen for an onboard credit? Would they do the same for the stock holder credit?

I believe the "ding" you are referring to is for coupons that would reduce the price of the cruise, thus their commission. The onboard credit coupons do not effect their bottom line so shouldn't be reduced at all.

I received the birthday coupon as well, and my birthday is also in March. I also happened to just book another cruise while I was on my Infinity trip which was within the timeframe specified on the coupon so I can use the coupon. Now today, I arrived home and I had a letter from Infinity thanking me and giving me a $50 COUPON for me and one for a friend to be used on a new booking!!!!! Good for new bookings, but can't combine with other coupons - BOO

Hi there. If you are not in need of the second coupon, I would greatly appreciate it. You can email me at hedyc@rogers.com

Thanks in advance.

Hedy

I took a chance and just called Celebrity to inquire about getting the coupon, but was told that they were randomly e-mailed and that I, unfortunately, was not one of the lucky ones. My birthday was last Sunday. Oh well....maybe next time.

Yes, I do think you have to be a Capt's. Club member, which you can be if you've ever sailed on Royal Caribbean OR Celebrity, even though they are actually different past cruiser "clubs". If you have, contact them and join. AND re-ask for the coupon or it's benefits. It seems that it sort of depends upon who you get when you contact Celebrity as to whether you can get the coupon or not, or not get it and still get the credit for having it because you DIDN'T get it. OR, get to use it even though you are already booked! Confusion to be sure!

I received the birthday coupon last week and was able to use it on my upcoming Century cruise(12/15/05) even though I had booked it in July. Coupon states cruises booked between August and October.

I was also able to have the $50 credit applied to my parents account as they will be cruising with us.

Our TA just faxed it to Celebrity and got confirmation that both cabins received the credit.

Looking forward to our Century cruise

Beth

My husband got 2 e-mails both to our e-mail box but both in his name. We are both CC members so do you think one was meant to be sent to me?? Since they had such a mixup with this promotion can't help but wonder. Can 2 people both get the credit (same cabin)?

I just got an anniversary coupon in an email from X. I guess it's nice that they remember our anniversary, could be because we tend to celebrate with a cruise. It says good for booking between August 19 and October 18 (so we lost a month of that) but I hope to use it for our December cruise that was booked in April.

I faxed it in to Celebrity and we'll just wait and see what happens. Worst case, they don't grant the credit.

The funny thing is when I asked the Captains Club person about the coupon she had no information beyond knowing that they were out there and said that it was not a Captains Club related thing. Yet the email referenced my # and the coupon has a space for your #.

Can't hurt to try.

I just called Celebrity with the "code", and was told to contact my travel agent and have them send in the coupon. Our cruise isn't until Jan. and Celebrity apparently is 4-6 weeks behind in applying the credits. They are working on the cruises that leave in the near future.

Anyone have a coupon that could be sent to me? Pretty please!!

Thanks in advance...Karynlass at AOL dot com

Karyn

My $50 birthday coupon was a double, one for me and one for someone I give it to:another $50 off (I'm assuming I cannot give it to my cabin mate). It is for $50 OFF, not shipboard credit. Both left and right sides have my name on them. The left side has my address on it, and I'm hoping to use my half, but on the other half, the right side (also with my name on it but not my address) there are lines for the gift getter to fill out with his/her information: name address ship name booking # & sailing date. It has the same individual ID # on it as mine,

But the code is different than what was quoted above (it is NOT LADJ). Maybe what I read was for an anniversary coupon.

DCKE is on mine. Don't use that one~~ For my "friend" coupon it is DCKF. So Karynanne you can be my friend for this sailing!

My letter from celebrity definitely says I can invite a friend or family member to use the second coupon, so you are welcome to it.

No where on it does it state my captain's club number, but the letter was sent because I'd formerly sailed with Celebrity, so no, it is not up for grabs, but a perk for captain's club.

Both of mine expire on Saturday, and I'd be glad to mail the right side of it to you. If you can book it by the code thru the travel agent and not have to present it for a few days you'll be cool.

i live in Alabama and it will take several days to get to California.

Strangely, I did not get an anniversary coupon. Our anniversary is the same day as my birthday. They probably thought it was a misprint!

I'll give you an email address I don't use much: phyllisgauker@hotmail.com where you can send me your address. Let me know that you are going to do this so I will be sure to check it and get the coupon in the mail tomorrow.

It seems clear that there are several different types of coupons out there that Celebrity is using/offering. Also that when you contact Celebrity, depending upon the agent you get - or your ability to convince or argue your case - you can get different results! In my case, once the coupon (that I never actually recieved in the first place) for $50 credit was applied, I got a new cruise confirmation. It didn't show the coupon as being credited, which was the reason the agent was supposed to forward a corrected one. So I contacted Celebrity again and was told by a different rep that it was NOT on my reservation and anyway, the other rep I spoke to could not have applied it as only Capt's. Club reps can. I then asked to be transferred to one and was. At first this rep. didn't think it had been applied, but then she said, "Oh, here it is. Some of the agents don't know where to look to find it." I GUESS it's in some kind of "code" because she says it IS on my booking reservation. Back to the original point, though. It DOES seem like some agents/reps know about this or that coupon and some don't. Probaby BECAUSE there are so many different ones out there!

Archived