Thomson Agean and holy land july 2015

kpnuts123

Hi all my first post, we are going on a cruise with Thomson to the Aegean and Holy land July 2015

Since booking and speaking to people I am wary of going to Jerusalem and also the dead sea, I really wanted to go to the dead sea and now I am concerned about how safe/secure this would be for the family, would appreciate any thoughts on this Thanks in advance KP

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic.

We put off going to Israel for literally decades, waiting for things to imorove. They didn't and we realised that we'd never go - so we bit the bullet a couple of years back with a cruise which ported at Haifa and overnite at Ashdod. Absolutely no worries, a great experience.

We rented a car in Ashdod (shared ith a US couple via the RollCall) and drove across the Negev Desert to Masada and the Dead Sea, hotel in Jerusalem, explored Jerusalem next day then back to the ship.

Things can change quickly, tensions can arise or recede in a very short time. You may be unlucky and have the port dropped at short notice, bear this in mind with any up-front bookings ashore so if you book a private tour make sure it's cancellable without penalty if the ship doesn't make port. If you book a ship's tour and it's cancelled there's no charge.

But as Bruce's post, if there's danger the ship will abort and sail elsewhere - so much more flexible than booking a holiday hotel in Israel.

Enjoy !!!

JB :)