How many bottles of wine?

jjdshoe

Sorry I know this questions must get asked alot, but my mom is about to leave on Sunday and is asking. There are 4 people in the cabin over 21 can each person bring a bottle of wine? Can they only bring one per person?

thanks so much!!

Sorry I know this questions must get asked alot, but my mom is about to leave on Sunday and is asking. There are 4 people in the cabin over 21 can each person bring a bottle of wine? Can they only bring one per person?

thanks so much!!

Copied from Carnival Q&A:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages On Board

Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, on embarkation day, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle (750 milliliter) of wine or champagne per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $15 corkage fee per 750 milliliter bottle will be charged should the guest wish to consume this wine in the dining room or in the Steakhouse. A corkage fee is a charge by a restaurant for opening a bottle bought elsewhere; in our case, it is a fee for opening a bottle of wine or champagne that is not purchased through ‘The Fun Shops’ or from the wine menu on board our ships.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small

quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

The 750 ml bottle is a smaller bottle at least for me. Make sure you check size at store. There are many liter bottles at the store.

750 ml is the standard for wine. I have never seen a liter bottle of wine. 1.5 liters is a double wine bottle, also called a magnum.

What I love most about late departures when you cruise out of San Juan is that you get on the ship as early as you can with your one bottle of wine in your carry-on, then you go tool around Old San Juan for a while. When you come back to the ship, you bring your other one bottle of wine with you! ;)

I tried taking 2 bottle of wine when I boarded in Miami, they took one bottle away. Since I was flying home right after the cruise, I ended up getting rid of the bottle they returned at the end of the cruise.

A number of times I was able to bring on a few cans of beer at a port of call.

I know if I bring someting extra I am taking a chance.

• 2 months later...