Fathers day gift cards

dapaddo

They did that promotion last year, I asked 2 different Carnival reps neither knew anything about it, but they both also said they sometimes don't get notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

They did that promotion last year, I asked 2 different Carnival reps neither knew anything about it, but they both also said they sometimes don't get notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

You called this year about it?? I was hoping they would have it again.

Last year I remember getting an email several days before the promotion started. I know that it was after June 6 ( as that was the day I paid for my cruise and and i did not know about the promotion yet...would have been nice!!!!

Samething this year, I just paid for cruise, but still hoping for a little extra!

Glad to know I'm not the only one obsessing! :rolleyes:

Last year, it was June 9, the Monday before Father's Day, that the promo was announced.

Luckily, I was able to score the rest of what I needed with the AARP Rewards site, but still find myself checking for this promo to help out the rest of my cruising party!

You would need to watch this site and see if any promotions are offered for Fathers' Day.

https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/Default.aspx

Seems like last year, the promotion wasn't really advertised (at least I don't remember any marketing of the promotion). I only found out via word-of-mouth.

Garnett

Thanks for the info. I'm also waiting for the sale!

We purchased these last year (in June) and paid off our cruise.....we ended up with a $250 OBC. (Fingers crossed they do it again this year....and as noted typically this has not been advertised). #fingerscrossed

Last year I purchased enough for the balance on Elation and all the expenses associated with an Imagination cruise. Now that Carnival has introduced "Journey cruises", we're going to need a lot more gift cards than I thought! :eek:

If not father's day, hopefully Black Friday!

If I remember correctly...and I am going solely from memory...last year, if you bought a gift card, you received a second gift card worth 10% of the original. In other words, if you bought a $500 gift card, you received an additional $50 gift card as well.

The original $500 gift card had no expiration date, but the $50 card did have an expiration date, but I can't remember how long they were good for (about 18 months I think, but I'm guessing here).

There was another promotion...and it may have been last year's Black Friday...where the circumstances were similar, but with a twist. All of the above applied, but if you used the Carnival Mastercard to make the purchase of the gift card, they threw in another 10% discount on the price of the gift card itself.

Someone with a better memory may remember all the particulars better than I.

Garnett

That makes the gift cards from AARP or Verizon much better. Getting a bonus card of 10% of your purchase is not as good as 10% off. Carnival's offer comes out to about 9.1% off. Also, the gift cards don't have an expiration. Unfortunately, they are not easy to come by.

Edited by edbro

If I remember correctly...and I am going solely from memory...last year, if you bought a gift card, you received a second gift card worth 10% of the original. In other words, if you bought a $500 gift card, you received an additional $50 gift card as well.

The original $500 gift card had no expiration date, but the $50 card did have an expiration date, but I can't remember how long they were good for (about 18 months I think, but I'm guessing here).

There was another promotion...and it may have been last year's Black Friday...where the circumstances were similar, but with a twist. All of the above applied, but if you used the Carnival Mastercard to make the purchase of the gift card, they threw in another 10% discount on the price of the gift card itself.

Someone with a better memory may remember all the particulars better than I.

Garnett

The Black Friday deal was a great deal. The deal was if you bought $500 they gave you a $50 extra gift card, but if you used your Carnival Master Card they doubled it. We bought 5 of the $500 ones and got 5 $100 gift cards about a week later. The had deals for smaller amounts too but I don't remember the amounts for those.

The Black Friday deal was a great deal. The deal was if you bought $500 they gave you a $50 extra gift card, but if you used your Carnival Master Card they doubled it. We bought 5 of the $500 ones and got 5 $100 gift cards about a week later. The had deals for smaller amounts too but I don't remember the amounts for those.

Now that sounds like a deal!! I'd purchase from CCL instead of Verizon.