Oasis of the Seas Review 5/30-6/6

We're on OOS in March in a CLS.

Questions:

- I noticed you didn't dine in Coastal Kitchens for dinner. Was this because you were comped into the specialties or was there another reason?

- I have heard that there are complimentary soft drinks pretty much all the time in the suites lounge. Correct?

- Any complimentary specialty (lattee, etc, not alcohol) coffees in the lounge?

- Complimentary wines and beer in the lounge? Hours?

- Complimentary cocktails in the lounge especially martinis?

Thanks a bunch.

We're on OOS in March in a CLS.

Questions:

- I noticed you didn't dine in Coastal Kitchens for dinner. Was this because you were comped into the specialties or was there another reason?

- I have heard that there are complimentary soft drinks pretty much all the time in the suites lounge. Correct?

- Any complimentary specialty (lattee, etc, not alcohol) coffees in the lounge?

- Complimentary wines and beer in the lounge? Hours?

- Complimentary cocktails in the lounge especially martinis?

Thanks a bunch.

We didnt dine in the Coastal Kitchen, only because it was our first time on the ship and wanted to try everything, so we were in specialty restaurants most of the time.

Yes the kids got soft drinks in the Suite lounge (which is connected to the Coastal Kitchen) free.

Yes there is a latte machine in the Suite Lounge, which also makes like 6 other types of specialty coffees

Certain Wines and Beer is complimentary in the Suite Lounge, but the hours are limited, normally before dinner times, but I dont know them specifically as I drank mixed and had the Ultimate Package, and the complimentary only covers beer and wine I believe, but Im sorry that could be wrong as the cares are out the window the the UP :-)

We didnt dine in the Coastal Kitchen, only because it was our first time on the ship and wanted to try everything, so we were in specialty restaurants most of the time.

Yes the kids got soft drinks in the Suite lounge (which is connected to the Coastal Kitchen) free.

Yes there is a latte machine in the Suite Lounge, which also makes like 6 other types of specialty coffees

Certain Wines and Beer is complimentary in the Suite Lounge, but the hours are limited, normally before dinner times, but I dont know them specifically as I drank mixed and had the Ultimate Package, and the complimentary only covers beer and wine I believe, but Im sorry that could be wrong as the cares are out the window the the UP :-)

Thanks again. So much looking forward to the CLS on Oasis in November. Then we have an OS on Allure in March.

Very nice review. And welcome to the Oasis-addicts club.

I really didnt know what to expect after cruising Carnival for so long, but after being on Oasis and the options, youre right, I am addicted to it. Really wanted to do the Southern Caribbean next out of Puerto Rico on the Adventurer, but couldnt pass up the Oasis, so found a cruise with a few different ports. Allure is also doing the same routes so Ill do Oasis next year and then maybe the Harmony after it comes over from the Mediterranean. I just wish they would add water slides to the Oasis like the Harmony will have

I really didnt know what to expect after cruising Carnival for so long, but after being on Oasis and the options, youre right, I am addicted to it. Really wanted to do the Southern Caribbean next out of Puerto Rico on the Adventurer, but couldnt pass up the Oasis, so found a cruise with a few different ports. Allure is also doing the same routes so Ill do Oasis next year and then maybe the Harmony after it comes over from the Mediterranean. I just wish they would add water slides to the Oasis like the Harmony will have

Agreed. Hopefully one day they will add the water slides to the Oasis and Allure.

I also forgot to mention the Internet on the Oasis, it was $157.50 for unlimited internet for 2 devices. There are coupons out there and discounts for crown & anchor members. Speeds were very good and if you have TMobile you can use the wifi calling to make and receive calls over the Internet while your cell phone is in airplane mode. Great option for emergencies, but recommend also staying in vacation mode [emoji2]

Thanks for posting! Our family will be on the Oasis on the 13th doing the Eastern as well. I would love to ask a few questions:

(1) Do you by chance have the daily compass from your week? If so could you post them. I love looking at what other entertainment options there might during the week.

(2) Do you recall what movies were playing during your week on the big screen? If so, what do you recall were playing?

(3) Which was your favorite port? Why?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Thanks for posting! Our family will be on the Oasis on the 13th doing the Eastern as well. I would love to ask a few questions:

(1) Do you by chance have the daily compass from your week? If so could you post them. I love looking at what other entertainment options there might during the week.

(2) Do you recall what movies were playing during your week on the big screen? If so, what do you recall were playing?

(3) Which was your favorite port? Why?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Here is a review that includes the Compass: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017432&highlight=oasis+review

Great pictures too...Paddington was playing often along with some dream work movies...St Maarten...because it was such a friendly island..lol..if you dont get that, you will once youre there...and the waters were the best there...warm, calm and so blue

The latest Lord of the Rings movie was shown in the Aqua theater. They also showed 50 First Dates and Paddington outside. They showed Home in 3d and the latest Hunger Games movie in the Opal theater. They also showed the NBA finals in the Aqua theater.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for a great review. I am always interested in what first time Royal cruisers think.

This is my favorite class of ship. I love all of the dining options and entertainment venues. Glad you had a great cruise!

Thanks for the review and all the gold card intel. Glad to know we don't have to obsess about the dang towels! Did you visit the suite sundeck at all?

Yes we did. It's on deck 17 forward. Get to it from deck 16. But never really used it. There were plenty of chairs around the pools that we got at multiple times during the day, even days at sea

Thanks for a great review. I am always interested in what first time Royal cruisers think.

This is my favorite class of ship. I love all of the dining options and entertainment venues. Glad you had a great cruise!

We really did enjoy it , even booked another cruise on the oasis, but our travel agent suggested the new NCL Escape ship in the owners haven suite which the price includes unlimited beverages , unlimited specialty dining (8 restaurants and a Margaritaville on board), $225 excursion credits and Free internet and the price was less then half of what we paid on RCCL. Really need to contemplate

• 4 weeks later...