Thinking of switching cabin categories, and how?

JAMESCC

We are very new to NCL, but we booked last Sunday kinda on the blind with just a little research. We booked a spa balcony, but after seeing youtube videos of the aft facing balconies I think we might want to switch. What do you think about that idea? Also we like to be higher up on the ship. Any difference between aft balconies on deck 9 or 12 or 14? Now the big question is can we make this switch without having to cancel the current selection and start over again? I see no way of doing that online. Can we call and have that done? Thanks for any advice.

We are very new to NCL, but we booked last Sunday kinda on the blind with just a little research. We booked a spa balcony, but after seeing youtube videos of the aft facing balconies I think we might want to switch. What do you think about that idea? Also we like to be higher up on the ship. Any difference between aft balconies on deck 9 or 12 or 14? Now the big question is can we make this switch without having to cancel the current selection and start over again? I see no way of doing that online. Can we call and have that done? Thanks for any advice.

You will have to call and ask to make a change. Be sure to ask/understand what the change in pricing/perks will be to make the change. You don't give enough details about how soon you are sailing, but the details of making changes and the impact of them varies on timing and promotions in effect (or NOT in effect) at the the time you make the change.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

You can ALWAYS upgrade your cabin at anytime for... a FEE. However, the rates on cabins typically DROP as the cruise date gets closer so if you can be patient, you may be able to get an upgrade without having to pay a DIME. That was what we did on our Alaskan cruise in '12. We booked an OceanView & an inside cabin (across the hall from each other) for my family of 4 + Grand Ma. We initially booked it about 4 months prior to the sailing. I used a CRUISEing competitor that hasFISH in it's name to get price drop alerts. About 2 months later, prices had dropped SO MUCH that we were able to upgrade to a balcony and an inside cabin for no $'s. We had originally booked directly online so we simply called and spoke with an NCL rep and asked for them to move us up the ship and to a balcony. They were very professional and gave us a nice bump. A few weeks went by and another discount came out. This time we asked that rather than bumping us to a Suite and cabin, could they simply give us two ajoining balconies a level higher on the ship. Again, it was done without any real fuss. That agent did say that "We normally only give one upgrade. You guys are lucky"...

Edited by ndabunka

Sorry I should have included the sale date. It's not till October 2016. It's on Breakaway.

Aft facing balconies usually sell out fast (a long time before sailing date), so by waiting you might not get what you want. If the price is right, then contact NCL and ask them to change your booking as soon as possible.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Yeah we are gonna call and change our room. I mean it is well over a year away anyway, I doubt they'll have a problem with that. We also would like to change our promotion from on-board credit to the drink package which was not offered 1 week ago when we booked. That is a great value, and something we will definitely use.

Thanks for all the advice. We made the switch yesterday to the aft balcony. We are in cabin 12308 on deck 12 now. We also were able to switch to the incredible drink package. When I mean switched I mean we had to cancel the original booking to this. Any info on deck 12 aft balconies or 12308 specifically? Thanks for the help everyone, appreciate every bit of advice.