Anthem noise

As you can imagine, each deck is pretty big. Depending on where your room is, you might be fine. I would imagine locations below The Living Room or the Windjammer would be quiet overnight as they're closed at night.

However decks between 7 and 12 have staterooms directly above and below them, so the entire decks are more likely to be quiet.

I am midship. Windjammer sometimes is a problem, early morning... Last cruise on Celebrity I had a bar above me and could definitely hear the stools being moved, but it didn't bother me.

As you can imagine, each deck is pretty big. Depending on where your room is, you might be fine. I would imagine locations below The Living Room or the Windjammer would be quiet overnight as they're closed at night.

However decks between 7 and 12 have staterooms directly above and below them, so the entire decks are more likely to be quiet.

I am midship. Windjammer sometimes is a problem, early morning... Last cruise on Celebrity I had a bar above me and could definitely hear the stools being moved, but it didn't bother me.

If you're midship, there is a good chance of being near the pool or Johnny Rockets. I would look at moving personally.

Also if you're midship deck 13 you will have the overhang and supports encroaching on your light and "sky"

We're on Anthem in September and I went for a D2 on 12 slightly forward of midship just before the overhang so we didn't get shadow or any noise from the main decks above 13

If you're midship, there is a good chance of being near the pool or Johnny Rockets. I would look at moving personally.

Bingo. We had a deck 13 JS on the third Quantum cruise. So we were right under Johnny Rockets. The noise was horrible in the early morning. About 5, 5:30, they started putting chairs back out, wash the decks, clean up misc. dishes and drop them into the wait station. It woke us up every morning. Stinks that it happened on our vacation, but luckily we normally get up at 6 anyways. I would definitely move down to 12 if you can.

There can be noise on any deck. That's why smart travelers always carry earplugs. You can't depend on location for quiet, since there's no way to guarantee that you won't have noisy neighbors, construction, equipment repair, maintenance, or other activities nearby.

Well, it's the H2O Lounge on top of me. Kind of fitting since I teach Biology lol. I tried to move but the prices are so insane, it would have cost me $400.00 more... So I will hope there is a sale that will work for me, and keep the cabin... I have been under the windjammer, it never bothered me, and the pool...

• 2 weeks later...
Bingo. We had a deck 13 JS on the third Quantum cruise. So we were right under Johnny Rockets. The noise was horrible in the early morning. About 5, 5:30, they started putting chairs back out, wash the decks, clean up misc. dishes and drop them into the wait station. It woke us up every morning. Stinks that it happened on our vacation, but luckily we normally get up at 6 anyways. I would definitely move down to 12 if you can.

Crap. We are in a SPA JS right under Johnny Rockets. Guess I'll be moving, hope I can!

What about Room 11594?

You should experience no problems with 11594 - it's deck 11 so you have two decks of cabins above you before you get to the public decks

It's only deck 13 that may experience noise, chairs scraping etc because of the restaurants, pool areas etc

Crap. We are in a SPA JS right under Johnny Rockets. Guess I'll be moving, hope I can!

Well moved back to my original room 13240. Still on 13 but under The Living Room so although there may be noise at night (ok since we're usually up late) hopefully none in the am.

I'm still on the hunt for a Spa JS on a lower deck but not Deck 6.

My TA is gonna throw me overboard now for sure :p:p:p

Avoid 6296 or any cabin next to it. Right above the Two70 kitchen where they start the cooking (baking) process every morning at 3:00am. Talked to Norman at Guest Services and it helped a little, but I'm sure it's difficult with metal on metal tools to not make any noise. We are half way through the cruise and are just "living" with it. To make matters worse, the crew area across the hall has four elevators, and metal stair cases -- yep, more noise!

Norman did send a nice bottle of wine! :)

Last minute up-grade, as normally I would never book a cabin above or below a public deck.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

I'm on deck 6 and right above the Shore Excursions desk. I think I won't hear too much noise, I think it's a pretty good spot. I am concerned about smelling the cigarette smoke from my balcony, I think I may be far enough away.

• 2 weeks later...
What time does The Living Room close? Our cabin would be right below it.

So is ours 13240. I've tried to find out the answer to this but the closest I can get is that it's probably 1 am because that is when the under age curfew is.

I originally switched this cabin to across the hall until I found out that one was under Johnny Rockets and many people said it was very loud in the early am.

I figure it shouldn't be too bad under The Living Room after midnight or so. And, who knows, maybe not at all.

Still, I'm on the look out to switch to a lower deck (just not 6; I've heard there can be considerable noise from below on this deck.

Hey. I'm just happy to be sailing on this ship!

There can be noise on any deck. That's why smart travelers always carry earplugs. You can't depend on location for quiet, since there's no way to guarantee that you won't have noisy neighbors, construction, equipment repair, maintenance, or other activities nearby.

Exactly!

Neighbors next to you can always cause noise - happened to us on our last cruise. Had our favorite location on the ship which is used to be very quiet but we both sides of our neighbours were noisy from early in the morning.

So you'll never know but avoiding places where it will be noisy because of the location itself is always what we try to do (light sleepers, unfortunately).

The same cabin is available on deck 8. I switched it. I'm really after the bigger balcony. Where does the noise come from on deck 6?

deck 6 is very close to a lot of highly frequented public spaces (bars, restaurants, esplanade etc.) so there might be a lot of work (also behind the scenes) that will cause noise as well as guests.

Edited by UniPac

The same cabin is available on deck 8. I switched it. I'm really after the bigger balcony. Where does the noise come from on deck 6?

Glad you were able to switch. I could kick myself from moving from Deck 9 up to Deck 13 (DH has a "thing" about being on the highest deck).

We're over a year from sailing so hopefully something will open back up.

Yes, it is true that noise can come from anywhere, and I do keep earplugs with me at all times. But, having experienced horrid noise underneath the Windjammer when in 1600 on Serenade (and, yes, the noise was reported on the threads and I ignored it because I wanted that aft GS) I vowed if I ever hear of a consistent noise (e.g., banging, clanging, moving tables and carts and whatnot around at 5:00 in the morning), I'll not book that cabin.

I am hoping any noise from The Living Room after midnight or so will be minimal, certainly, there shouldn't be a lot of activity up there at 5am!

I heard the noise from Johnny Rockets is terrible in the early morning, which is why I moved across the hall.

But, hey; on a cruise, I guess in the long run, it's all relative!