Anthem noise

Hi everyone

We are on the TA in cabin 6684, after reading problems with cabins on deck 6 tried to change cabin but won't let me change as it was a guarantee cabin. Not too worried about noise but very concerned about smoke as I am asthmatic and if I am exposed to smoke in cabin for 8 days it is likely I will suffer at least some discomfort. Only option is to pay another 700GBP which I feel is excessive (bearing in mind we booked early & paid top price with no offers which became available later. Cancelling would loose 300GBP deposit & we have already paid full cost of flights via choice air so would loose that if I tried to cancel & book again. Does anyone have experience of cabin 6684?

Thank you

Hi everyone

We are on the TA in cabin 6684, after reading problems with cabins on deck 6 tried to change cabin but won't let me change as it was a guarantee cabin. Not too worried about noise but very concerned about smoke as I am asthmatic and if I am exposed to smoke in cabin for 8 days it is likely I will suffer at least some discomfort. Only option is to pay another 700GBP which I feel is excessive (bearing in mind we booked early & paid top price with no offers which became available later. Cancelling would loose 300GBP deposit & we have already paid full cost of flights via choice air so would loose that if I tried to cancel & book again. Does anyone have experience of cabin 6684?

Thank you

A noisy cabin is better than not being on a cruise :D

We are light sleepers and had booked a guarantee which then was located underneath the gym treadmills - you could not only hear but also feel people running above us from early morning to late evening. However, we got through it, complained but fully booked so we received a sparkling wine with chocolate strawberrys and something else later on.

Another time we had a quiet cabin but with noisy neighbors on both sides - not much you can do about it. The cruise itself was worth it both times.

Ear plugs help to sleep, not staying too much in your cabin also does.

Yes it is annoying - complaining might help, if not able to switch cabins there might be some compensation. But don't let it spoil all the other beautiful things on a cruise!

On a sea day their should be no bother with the smoke as the wind will get rid of it, on a port. Day then it might be of a concern, but then again a lot of people get off, my experience at the most their were usually on average 6 people at any one time using it

I'm surprised at all the comments saying Johnny Rockets was loud. It shuts at 9:30pm and was hardly used from what I saw on my recent cruise on Anthem. We went there once and were the only customers. At night the top decks were mostly a ghost town.

I'm surprised at all the comments saying Johnny Rockets was loud. It shuts at 9:30pm and was hardly used from what I saw on my recent cruise on Anthem. We went there once and were the only customers. At night the top decks were mostly a ghost town.

What I read several times on CC and other sites is that it opens fairly early in the morning, or at least the crew gets in there early and starts "banging around"; maybe as early as 5:00 am.

Having experienced this once before on Serenade (under the Windjammer kitchen area), I definitely do not want a repeat. Earplugs help to some degree, but you can still "feel" the reverberations.

I'd rather hear noise later in the evening as we're more likely to still be up and perhaps not even in stateroom than at 5 in the am!:eek::eek::eek:

6224 gets noise from bionic bar area till midnight from about 930pm, duff duff music complained for 4 nights, eventually moved us to 6240

How did you like the room they moved you to? How bad was the obstruction in either of the rooms? We stay up pretty late, still trying to decide if I should change. DO you know if I change now and the room prices are higher do I have to pay the higher rate?

How did you like the room they moved you to? How bad was the obstruction in either of the rooms? We stay up pretty late, still trying to decide if I should change. DO you know if I change now and the room prices are higher do I have to pay the higher rate?

As long as you move to a stateroom in the same category, the rate is the same as what you booked at.

I know, because I've so far moved three times for our cruise :D:D:D

We loved the room they moved us to....it was a junior on the hump!! The obstruction was of no problem, couldn't see straight down but could straight across the top of the lifeboat. Don't know about the prices...

Edited by lynsteve

I agree 're noise & can use earplugs if necessary, however it is the reports of smoke from deck 5 which is causing concern. Hope someone who has been in 6684 can give their experience.

Hi, I have just come off Anthem yesterday and was in 6668. Absolutely no problem with smoke from the smoking area. I could see everyone sitting in there from my balcony but couldn't smell any smoke whatsoever. HTH.

We also just got off Anthem yesterday after our 2nd cruise on her this year in the same stateroom 11692 Starboard Aft !

We loved it, no noise or smell from the smoking den and a massive amount of space outside our door which was set back from the main corridor !

Just an update on this cabin!

There was constant noise above at all hours. Children were constantly running and people that were heavy footed. Also the pool attendants cleaning the deck and rearranging the furniture.

My husband went up on numerous occasions. Once at 1:15am there were 40 kids in the pool. Also 4:30am teenagers running around. On speaking to security they said yes there is a 1am curfew but it's up to the parents to enforce it.

In this cabin the window washer rail has a broken gasket. When the ship gets up the speed it bangs... But don't worry guest services send up the ear plugs. Which we had in at 4:15am when we heard the kids.

Last but not least! The overhang is so bad you get no sun until late evening. Then only the front part of the balcony!!

Hope this helps anyone who's thinking of this cabin!

There was constant noise above at all hours. Children were constantly running and people that were heavy footed. Also the pool attendants cleaning the deck and rearranging the furniture.

My husband went up on numerous occasions. Once at 1:15am there were 40 kids in the pool. Also 4:30am teenagers running around. On speaking to security they said yes there is a 1am curfew but it's up to the parents to enforce it.

In this cabin the window washer rail has a broken gasket. When the ship gets up the speed it bangs... But don't worry guest services send up the ear plugs. Which we had in at 4:15am when we heard the kids.

Last but not least! The overhang is so bad you get no sun until late evening. Then only the front part of the balcony!!

Thanks for this update. On which cruise have you been? I also wonder at what time the pools close - if they ignore the curfew they still should not be allowed in the pool at this time?

Ear plugs help a little but lower frequency sound (like the bass when music is playing or someone with a lumbering walking style) will still be heard... so it is no cure to everything.

What was your cabin number??