Carnival Holiday in Flåm, Norway

kwitt703

If anyone is wondering how the Holiday/Grand Holiday/Magellan is doing at CMV, she was at Flåm, Norway today and looked well! I was really excited to see her and thought some of you would be too! ImageUploadedByForums1433868405.945924.jpg.35a0637a53c6aff0d5a2d9c290ac93e7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1433868373.312333.jpg.2ca9555b0f80c860ea200a9aeefa0e72.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1433868384.151506.jpg.f6d52862c6ee0ea9a80b587f08b2a77b.jpg

Ahhh!! She was my first, and I sailed on her more than any other Carnival ship.

Trivia for the old timers. What lounge on the Holiday was affectionately known as the "Green Latrine"?

First of all, one of my favorite ports I have ever been to (Geiranger might have an edge on it) so I know you are having a fantastic cruise. I would love to do Norway again. Enjoy!

I have been in port with the new "Holiday" twice now. Both times were leaving from Barcelona. It was funny to see her sail off past us. I still remember her docked on that other pier in Cozumel. From behind she always looked slanted and kind of leaning.

She looks pretty good now.

First of all, one of my favorite ports I have ever been to (Geiranger might have an edge on it) so I know you are having a fantastic cruise. I would love to do Norway again. Enjoy!

I have been in port with the new "Holiday" twice now. Both times were leaving from Barcelona. It was funny to see her sail off past us. I still remember her docked on that other pier in Cozumel. From behind she always looked slanted and kind of leaning.

She looks pretty good now.

[emoji16] not on a cruise! Just in Norway visiting family. But I think I've gotta plan a Norwegian cruise now too! Here for 12 days and I've gotta say, it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Loved sailing on the Holiday, even though she listed heavily to port side the entire time sailing back to Mobile from Cozumel. That was cruising at its simplest.

Loved sailing on the Holiday, even though she listed heavily to port side the entire time sailing back to Mobile from Cozumel. That was cruising at its simplest.

Ha ha. I knew I didn't imagine that. I never got to sail her unfortunately. I know I would have enjoyed the experience.

[emoji16] not on a cruise! Just in Norway visiting family. But I think I've gotta plan a Norwegian cruise now too! Here for 12 days and I've gotta say, it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

I got an insane deal on a Celebrity Norway cruise about two years ago. I just took off and went solo. It was one of my favorite cruises. Norway is amazing in so many ways. I did two excursions that were all day exploring the interior of the land as well. I was floored by the raw beauty of the place.

I think there was a better staff/crew, common area to guest numbers. We always had time to get to know the staff/crew. When we got on the ship and heard the island music, I knew I was on " A Holiday":rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I like about Holiday is that it looked like a boat.

I liked the lobby.

It is not an atrium, but it was decorated with a nautical theme and I knew that I was on a ship and not at some kind of floating mall.

I never heard of "The Green Latrine". The only lounge that I could possibly guess it might have been was the old Blue Lagoon or perhaps the Blue Lagoon once it was turned into the arcade. I am taking an imaginary walk in my head of Promenade and America deck and there is no other lounge that would come close in my opinion.

It really makes me happy to see the pictures of her. There was a time where I thought if I ever saw her again it would be too soon but all these years later, I really miss that ship. All the extra things on the new giant ships are great and sometimes fun, but I really prefer the days when the MS Holiday was in her prime.

Thanks for posting the pics. Enjoy your trip in Norway. The Holiday was my 6th cruise, but her sister ship (Celebration) was my 1st 2. It's nice to see the Holiday still going strong. I was on her final Carnival sailing. It did rock quite a bit, and it's the only time I've ever gotten motion sickness since I was a little kid. But I'm still glad I took that cruise. It was a lot of fun, & the crew was amazing. And as others have mentioned, it really felt like a true ship at sea.

The Holiday was our second cruise in 1991. Loved the ship. I remember they announced the "new" Fantasy class ships had just been launched and we were all amazed how big they were going to be. Gained 15 pounds on that cruise. The food was great.

The Fantasy class was big! Just think what the ships will be like in 10 or so years!:eek: :rolleyes:

Ah my first cruise in 1988 on the Holiday loved it. I remember the double decker bus in front of Ricks Place. Still remember Waiter and Asst. names. Great cruise, been hooked ever since:D:D:D

was the last passenger off...missed her 1 day in Spain port, have Ibero Cruceros cruise book w/her in it, all painted and powdered, have a few pins, SOS's, Tee, Sign from stage lectern, cap, and giant fold out post cards