Shipboard Credit

My husband and I booked a cruise last January for a cruise in Jan 2016.We booked it while on a cruise so we got a little incentive but other than that the only other discounts were that we were over 55 and Platinum. We found a cruise that we would prefer to go on, however it sails at the same time as the one we booked. SO QUESTION, we got $400 in shipboard credit so if we cancel and go with the other cruise do we lose the credit? Obviously we will check with our TA, but I'm impatient and want to see if anybody has thoughts now.

Sandy :):):)

Ultimately it'll be up to your TA, but you're most likely going to lose the OBC since it's probably based on that particular cruise. If it's a TA incentive though it might carry over. If you're Platinum and you go in a balcony or above you can get $100 off of the stateroom if it's a 7 night sailing booked 6 months in advance, otherwise it's $75. Bottom line: talk to your TA, see what they say, and weigh your options. Good luck!

My husband and I booked a cruise last January for a cruise in Jan 2016.We booked it while on a cruise so we got a little incentive but other than that the only other discounts were that we were over 55 and Platinum. We found a cruise that we would prefer to go on, however it sails at the same time as the one we booked. SO QUESTION, we got $400 in shipboard credit so if we cancel and go with the other cruise do we lose the credit? Obviously we will check with our TA, but I'm impatient and want to see if anybody has thoughts now.

Sandy :):):)

On past experience you will kiss your OBC goodbye.

Keep the reservation number the same, and transfer the booking to the other ship. This way you keep your onboard booking obc. I've done this multiple times. The obc follows the reservation number.

I will add, sometimes it depends on the deal. IF he deal is no longer in effect, you likely book under the existing deal. For example if the "special" when you first booked was $400 OBC, and that deal is no longer active, I think you will lose the OBC. I booked Oasis under the BOGOHO and BOGOHO drink package and OBC. Transferred the booking to Harmony and lost the drink package deal and OBC. But it was worth it as it was a better cruise for me and was cheaper. So, gotta look at what cruise is best and bottom line.

I will add, sometimes it depends on the deal. IF he deal is no longer in effect, you likely book under the existing deal. For example if the "special" when you first booked was $400 OBC, and that deal is no longer active, I think you will lose the OBC. I booked Oasis under the BOGOHO and BOGOHO drink package and OBC. Transferred the booking to Harmony and lost the drink package deal and OBC. But it was worth it as it was a better cruise for me and was cheaper. So, gotta look at what cruise is best and bottom line.

I was only referring to onboard booking obc transferred to a different ship with the SAME reservation number.

Keep the reservation number the same, and transfer the booking to the other ship. This way you keep your onboard booking obc. I've done this multiple times. The obc follows the reservation number.

Thank You very much for this info, we will give it a try.! :):)