$50 OBC promotion

kona_wahine

I filled out the form last Fri. for an ES price drop. Found out my 8A cat. did not qualify. I had to talk to a live body at Carnival because they never received my form. Bottom line: Yes I got the $50 OBC. I'll always take it.

Oh well no luck on mine for Aug .... final payment is June 15 ... hoping for OBC to kick back in and hopefully we can upgrade to a Balcony .... we've got $160 OBC for now ... hasn't changed in about 2 weeks or so ... must be waiting for final payment to kick in ....

If I book through a TA, can I submit the price drop form myself or does the TA have to do it?

My understand is if you used a TA you have to run everything through them.

The thing about the OBC, the sites that you can sign up for alerts don't alert you when OBC is offered. If I hadn't checked carnival's site I would have missed out.

If your cruise has gone up in price, and your category is sold out, can you still put in for the 50obc? I am thinking no..and dont want to submit a form and then foul up my booking. Any advice? thanks.

So, I have also taken advantage of a $20 reduction with an added $50 OBC for the cabin. My full payment isn't due until September for our December cruise. Let's say that a month from now the cabin cost goes down another $20, but the OBC offer is no longer there. Is it worth submitting another price protection form to Carnival, or would I lose the $50 OBC that I now have?

I have a question about price protection, this will be my second cruise. My final payment is not until September 2015, am I still able to submit for price protection if I find a lower price or is it only a certain time frame? Thanks in advance!

Are you booked early saver rate? If so, you can do it right up before sailing. I don't understand all the ins and outs with all the different price structures carnival has. I do know if you are looking at a guaranty rate that means carnival will pick your room and you would have to give up your room you have picked. I wouldn't do that myself. If it's not a guaranty rate, then it can't hurt to send in the price protection form. Worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Edited by kona_wahine

So, I have also taken advantage of a $20 reduction with an added $50 OBC for the cabin. My full payment isn't due until September for our December cruise. Let's say that a month from now the cabin cost goes down another $20, but the OBC offer is no longer there. Is it worth submitting another price protection form to Carnival, or would I lose the $50 OBC that I now have?

You would lose the $50 OBC, so you wouldn't want to do that. We had $50 from a previous promotion, and the cruise went down $100 but didn't include the $50 OBC. I applied and got the $100 off the cruise and lost the $50 OBC. So I ended up with a $50 savings.

Oh well no luck on mine for Aug .... final payment is June 15 ... hoping for OBC to kick back in and hopefully we can upgrade to a Balcony .... we've got $160 OBC for now ... hasn't changed in about 2 weeks or so ... must be waiting for final payment to kick in ....

Hi there:

After reading your post I decided to call Carnival this evening...my payment date is also June 15th. I am so happy that I did I received an OBC of $50.00 Plus $190.00 was taken off the balance that I owe.

I'm new to this on board credit and price protection. I put down my deposit with a carnival person over the phone for a cruise in September 2015. She told me that we get $30 on board credit. Do I have to fill anything or to obtain the credit or will it go straight to my sail and sign card?

I'm new to this on board credit and price protection. I put down my deposit with a carnival person over the phone for a cruise in September 2015. She told me that we get $30 on board credit. Do I have to fill anything or to obtain the credit or will it go straight to my sail and sign card?

So good to see others getting this as well. All I know is I saw that someone had called and got the $50.00 OBC so I decided to try and without planning to ask it just came out of my mouth" has there been any price reductions? I think I was in total shock when the Carnival rep told me how much she was deducting from my balance then I asked about the OBC it certainly was a good feeling and I shall be calling every week until the cruise date to see if I can get anything else. I almost feel like I am being greedy but we all know that is not the case it is being smart. So lesson learnt my Carnival friends start picking up those phones and get calling. By the way even when I booked it was supposed to be a "Guarantee Balcony" once talking to the rep when booking By the time I got off the phone she had given me my cabin assignment and I even called back and changed the location. As the saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.Just remember be very, very nice to the rep when calling !!

You will not know until you try.