Country Music Cruise

JLBellaCC

Hi all!

Has anyone been on the Westerdam during the Country Music Cruise? It sounds like fun, but I am just not sure....... I would love any input, good or not so good, regarding themed cruises.

Thank you!

-Laurie

PS- We are early 50s- and we like a bit of action.

Are you booking as part of the group? If so -- you will pay a higher price but you will be invited to all the special events.

Is this a chartered cruise? If it is and you want to be part of it, you have no choice but to book through their agency.

If it is a small group booked on board and you are not part of the group -- you can not attend their events. One thing I don't like about small groups -- some of them close down areas like the Crows Nest as an example, for their song fests, etc. And you won't know this until you are on the ship.

Are you booking as part of the group? If so -- you will pay a higher price but you will be invited to all the special events.

Is this a chartered cruise? If it is and you want to be part of it, you have no choice but to book through their agency.

If it is a small group booked on board and you are not part of the group -- you can not attend their events. One thing I don't like about small groups -- some of them close down areas like the Crows Nest as an example, for their song fests, etc. And you won't know this until you are on the ship.

Gotta be a charter. Check out the videos. Country packed! 😁 I would love to go on this cruise, but I don't know about booking through their web site. I've only booked straight thru HAL.

Since I've come to know u for your HAL expertise, thought I'd ask u, since you're already on here...

What are the disadvantages of booking thru the charter? How does it work? I don't see cabin selection. I don't have a high mariner status, but do u think HAL could help me with a cabin selection after I pay thru the charter?

I've tried to book (for you). You can choose from some cabin numbers from each category. Yust do the booking process without booking. They hold the cabins selected 30 minutes to end the reservation.

Edited by Third

• 1 month later...

Went on last years cruise on the Eurodam. If you like the artists on the cruise you'll have a great time. Everyone on the ship is their for the same reason. It was non stop shows late into the night everyday. You can call the folks, and they can answer any questions.

Went on last years cruise on the Eurodam. If you like the artists on the cruise you'll have a great time. Everyone on the ship is their for the same reason. It was non stop shows late into the night everyday. You can call the folks, and they can answer any questions.

I'm gonna have to keep dreaming & hope I can go one year before they stop having them. Just too expensive for me right now. I love HAL & country music. Just the perfect combo & the nightlife I wish all my HAL cruises had.

Laurie....to answer your original posting inquiry...I have been on the Westerdam when it was chartered for a Jazz theme cruise and it was an awesome experience...so successful, the company that chartered the Westerdam moved up to the Eurodam (much larger and nicer) when it was introduced into the fleet

If you love Country Music and being around 2,000 like minded souls then I encourage you to "take the leap" and try it...very often, folks who sail every year on a regular cruise, will skip a year and save the $$$$ to do a music theme charter,....rule of thumb....look at the line up of Country artists on the theme cruise...if over the course of a year, if you would attend more then 2 concerts if they were on tour in your City, then you can justify paying the premium for the Country theme cruise

Most cruisers who do these types of music theme cruises never go back to doing a "normal" cruise...hopes this helps in answering your original postings