Miami Timeline from Disembarking to Flight

crystalaziza

O.K. So we are seasoned cruisers with NCL, done flights many times. We always do easy walk off with our own luggage. My question is this: We are doing the Getaway sailing out of Miami on 8/29/15 and I know all about the issues that can arise, but, I'm just curious as to what time you have disembarked and made it to MIA Airport to catch a flight and how early was the flight. I realize everything is a gamble. I am just trying to see what the average smooth sailing sort of speak timeline was. I do not need to check any luggage, just carry on. I know we are suppose to arrive in port around 8:00 a.m. but have been on sailings that have arrived @ maybe 5:30 or 6 a.m. & yes then there is clearance of customs. Thank you all in advance.

Usually the ships arrive between 530 and 6, by the time they clear customs and have everything in place, it's between 730 and 8. They've started calling colors usually by 830. I would say nothing earlier than a 11AM flight from MIA; 11:30 from FLL.

I came off the GA at 8:45 A.M. with their transfer to the MIA on the 6th of June. We arrived at the airport about 10:00 A.M.

With your sailing being the end of August, the ship will probably be very full with last minute vacations before school starts again.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

I cruised on the Getaway in April. They announced easy walk-off about 7:15. Our flight was at 11:40, so we took our time and walked off at 8:30, grabbed a cab, got to the airport about 9:00, a little bit of a line at check-in which you might not have to worry about if you're not checking luggage, quick trip through security, and still had a two-hour wait.

We always book a flight around 10:45-11am....plenty of time! We do NOT do "self carry", but we do inform the ship of our early flight so we're in one of the 1st groups off.

Edited by cb at sea