celebrity newby in Aqua

Josy1953

We will shortly be going on our first cruise with Celebrity, we are booked in an Aqua cabin. I have been doing some investigation on the Celebrity site and have found the answers to most of my questions but I am curious about the amenities in the Aqua Class as opposed to Concierge Class.

Are the listed amenities for Aqua class all of the amenities or are they in addition to those for Concierge ? I ask this question because the website does not make this clear but when we have cruised with Princess, P&O and Cunard each step up in grade keeps the lower grade amenities and then has additional ones for the higher grade.

We will shortly be going on our first cruise with Celebrity, we are booked in an Aqua cabin. I have been doing some investigation on the Celebrity site and have found the answers to most of my questions but I am curious about the amenities in the Aqua Class as opposed to Concierge Class.

Are the listed amenities for Aqua class all of the amenities or are they in addition to those for Concierge ? I ask this question because the website does not make this clear but when we have cruised with Princess, P&O and Cunard each step up in grade keeps the lower grade amenities and then has additional ones for the higher grade.

All the amenities from Concierge are included in the AQ cabins. They used to have it clearly indicated on the AQ website that they were included but for some reason it was removed. So far, they have not eliminated any of amenties/

I would not worry about it as the amenities in Concierge are pretty much fluff or available to anyone on the ship.

I think the only big differences between the 2 are..1) upgraded shower in Aqua--has multiple jets 2) the restaurant BLU...which we enjoy..it is anytime seating, plenty of tables for 2...and u can order some items from the MDR that may not be on the BLU menu such as Caesar salad..shrimp cocktail!!

And pay attention to where ur cabin is..can be a bit noisy in some areas https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE#gid=0

I think the only big differences between the 2 are..1) upgraded shower in Aqua--has multiple jets 2) the restaurant BLU...which we enjoy..it is anytime seating, plenty of tables for 2...and u can order some items from the MDR that may not be on the BLU menu such as Caesar salad..shrimp cocktail!!

There are other benefits, such as slippers, lip balm, a couple of bottles of water delivered to your room daily, fog-free mirror in the bathroom. We had a suite on our last cruise and I really missed that fog-free mirror! Oh, and access to the Persian Gardens area of the spa for the length of the cruise.

Thank you for all of your replies. We are not too bothered by amenities but it is nice to know what to expect.

flames9, thank you for your spreadsheet, we are on Eclipse in 1521 so I shall be interested to see if we experience any noise.

Looking forward to trying a different cruise line and we intend to enjoy ourselves regardless of what we find. A cruise always beats being at home doing chores.

Thank you for all of your replies. We are not too bothered by amenities but it is nice to know what to expect.

flames9, thank you for your spreadsheet, we are on Eclipse in 1521 so I shall be interested to see if we experience any noise.

Looking forward to trying a different cruise line and we intend to enjoy ourselves regardless of what we find. A cruise always beats being at home doing chores.

I have nothing to do with that spreadsheet,lol I think it Mysticks 1 started it..and then another added the spreadsheet...whomever it was has been doing a great job...but sure is not me,lol

We have cruised in 1517 on the Eclipse. It's a nice area as there's no overhang (so you get more sun) and it's directly underneath the quiet Persian Garden area. Enjoy your Celebrity cruise and I hope you enjoy Aqua Class!

Is the relaxation room the Persian Garden? thebutlerdidit mentioned it.

Relaxation room is not part of Persian Gardens, it is a room which looks out the front of the ship with nice couches and some flavored drinks. It is also the waiting room for those having Spa appointments and is supposed to be a quiet room and only for AQ patrons. This was not enforced on any of my cruises. It is only available on S class ships.

Edited by dkjretired

We haven't had lip balm in an Aqua cabin for a while (S- and M-class ships). A great pity as it was a good lip balm. Personally I don't think the products from the new supplier are as good as the previous supplier. However Aqua is our preference for all sailings providing the price isn't stupidly high!!

The Relaxation Room is available to anyone, not just Aqua Class.

You may have more than two bottles of water, too. I asked my cabin steward and I was able to get as much as I want. The Aqua Class waters have either no sodium added or very little and I wanted to drink that, so they gave it to me.

You will have pitchers of flavored iced tea delivered to your room every day.

The biggest reason for Aqua Class, IMO, is Blu.

We have sailed on Celebrity 3 times, always in AquaClass primarily because of BLU. Love the food and more intimate setting. Sometimes have preferred to sit by ourselves but last cruise (Med summer

'14) we met a delightful couple from Scotland and ended up having dinner with them every night. Have enjoyed the Relaxation room and the Persian Gardens too. Will be on 'Solsticized' Infinity next April through Panama Canal and booked an AQ class for that one too. I don't think my wife would go if we were not AQ!

The Relaxation Room is available to anyone, not just Aqua Class.

You may have more than two bottles of water, too. I asked my cabin steward and I was able to get as much as I want. The Aqua Class waters have either no sodium added or very little and I wanted to drink that, so they gave it to me.

You will have pitchers of flavored iced tea delivered to your room every day.

The biggest reason for Aqua Class, IMO, is Blu.

Not supposed to be for everyone, only AQ cabins and spa appointments, always been that way.

Not supposed to be for everyone, only AQ cabins and spa appointments, always been that way.

It is WAAYYYY too quiet for me, went in there once and lasted about ten minutes. We prefer to be out and about. But I guess if you like deathly quiet you might enjoy it in there. . .;)

I do like the solarium on cool days, at least there's the sound of the water feature!

It is WAAYYYY too quiet for me, went in there once and lasted about ten minutes. We prefer to be out and about. But I guess if you like deathly quiet you might enjoy it in there. . .;)

I do like the solarium on cool days, at least there's the sound of the water feature!

I live in the Solarium on sea days largely due to previous Melanoma's, have met people who do the same thing for the same reason. I didn't use the relaxation room that much except nice to watch pulling into port as I'm an early riser.

'

Edited by dkjretired

We haven't had lip balm in an Aqua cabin for a while (S- and M-class ships). A great pity as it was a good lip balm. Personally I don't think the products from the new supplier are as good as the previous supplier. However Aqua is our preference for all sailings providing the price isn't stupidly high!!

The last time I cruised in AQ was Nov '14 on the Reflection. I was with my SIL and they actually gave us 2 lip balms. It was the newer stuff and I was able to compare it to the previous version when I got home. The newer version was the clear favorite with both my husband and I!