Cunard website access in France

Alanxx

I am on holiday in France and decided to look at Cunard cruises for August.It is impossible to access the Cunard UK site whilst in France.Everytime it defaults to the French site.Does anyone have any logical explantion because Cunard certainly do not.I have asked for an explanation 3 times and all I get is the same factual information that if I am in France I get the French site.Do Cunard really want business ???

I've had this problem in the past. The best work around is to use something called a proxy site and then enter the full UK web address. If you Google 'free proxy' you may have to try a few sites but should get there in the end.

I am on holiday in France and decided to look at Cunard cruises for August.It is impossible to access the Cunard UK site whilst in France.Everytime it defaults to the French site.Does anyone have any logical explantion because Cunard certainly do not.I have asked for an explanation 3 times and all I get is the same factual information that if I am in France I get the French site.Do Cunard really want business ???

The answer is TUNNELBEAR :)

https://www.tunnelbear.com

Just download and select the Country you wish the destination web site to think you are from, click and unlock it.

For example, if you are in France and wish to access Cunard UK just click the UK on the World map, and get the "Bear" to tunnel to the UK, then having tunnelled, continue with login to Cunard UK, as if you are in the UK. Simples;)

It also unblocks USA sites.

Good luck

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I had the same problem when we did the Lusitania cruise last month. All through the cruise it kept defaulting to Cunard.com even though we were either in the English Channel or the Irish Sea.

I tried using the Anonymouse proxy but 'twas no good. I can't access that Tunnelbear link. It just times out for me.

Thanks for the information regarding using a proxy web address.I already use one called HOLA which is quite good with Google Chrome.However,can anyone suggest a valid reason why Cunard should make it so difficult to access their UK site when you are abroad ....what do they have to gain ???

We are in Venice for a few days before embarking QV tomorrow. Wanted to access my VP last night and kept getting redirected to Cunard Italy! I did notice though that some of the current 2015 med cruises were a LOT cheaper in euros than they were in pounds sterling, maybe that's one of the reasons Cunard act so innocently....makes you think!

[...] if I am in France I get the French site.Do Cunard really want business ???

And from Germany you get the German site. The only part of Cunard's UK (?) website that I have found accessible is ask.cunard.com - as soon as you click on anything that links away from ask.cunard you end up back on the German page. Anonymox (as Firefox add-on) works wonders though :D

We are in Venice for a few days before embarking QV tomorrow. Wanted to access my VP last night and kept getting redirected to Cunard Italy! I did notice though that some of the current 2015 med cruises were a LOT cheaper in euros than they were in pounds sterling, maybe that's one of the reasons Cunard act so innocently....makes you think!

I was going to say it probably directs one to the site for the country you are in as the prices quoted for the cruises would differ , dependent on where they are being sold.