Cruise Shuttle in Mykonos

johnnycruise

I've read taxis at the Mykonos cruise port are scarce.

We are debating renting a car for pick up at the Mykonos cruise port, or taking the Princess shuttle into town then a taxi or bus to the beach.

Is there a charge for the Princess shuttle from the cruise port to town in Mykonos? If so, how much? How frequent is the schedule?

Edited by johnnycruise

When we were there two years ago on the Ruby, an independent shuttle was offered for 7 euro or $10 USD R/T. Tickets were sold onboard - cash payment only.

The shuttle operates about every 10 minutes between the port and the town (yacht harbor) for a distance of about 1.5 miles. First shuttle departs at 7:45am and the last shuttle returns to the ship at 5:00pm.

Princess will advise there is no shuttle and purchase their transfers which if we remember was $15

The boys took the boat shuttle for €2 each way

Girls went to St John's Hotel & Spa €70 for the day including transfers, breakfast & massage 😀

We used the shuttle, you can purchase a round trip ticket or a one-way ticket, I don't recall the price but it was very reasonable.

We did the same, it was reasonable. We did make the comment about the people that did walk to town, that it was unsafe. There was no path so they basically had to walk very close to the road. Worth taking the shuttle.

If you want to go to the beach there is a lovely beach just to the left of where the ship docks. Again, not walkable only due to traffic....the taxi was 1 E each way. On the next stop there, we took the public bus which stops just outside the port...

Hi

Have walked, taken shuttle bus, also tendered in,

would not hire a car, take the bus, or if quick on your feet walk,

you need to be quick on your feet to jump should a lorry or bus try and pass you,

tendering is great as you get dropped of in down town

yours Shogun

Thanks everyone for the responses. On the Celebrity board a poster reported that Celebrity's transfer in Mykonos is now free ... does anyone have experience this season with Princess in Mykonos? If not, I will be glad to post in a couple of weeks what I learn! I will have to say the SeaBus recommendation looks like a great option.

We are considering hiring a car since there are four of us and the rental price is under 40 Euro ... that wouldn't be too much more than four shuttle tickets and would allow us to visit any beach rather than only those served by public transport. We went to Paradise Beach on the bus last time we were in Mykonos and would like to check out something less noisy. Curious why some would be hesitant to rent a car. I haven't rented one in Mykonos, but have on other Greek Islands and it wasn't a big deal. I am aware that the central town of Mykonos is car-free, but are there any other concerns about renting a car?