Medical Evac last night on the Grand

cruisequeen4ever

Pretty sad situation for the wife and the victim. I would speculate that the victim was actually "lucky" to land on the balcony below. With the water temperatures in the fjords being what they are I would suspect that he would have succumbed to hypothermia long before anyone could have pulled him out of the water. Hope the young man makes a full recovery.

Good point. The waters there are extremely cold. Our thoughts are with him and his family.

Pretty sad situation for the wife and the victim. I would speculate that the victim was actually "lucky" to land on the balcony below. With the water temperatures in the fjords being what they are I would suspect that he would have succumbed to hypothermia long before anyone could have pulled him out of the water. Hope the young man makes a full recovery.

Hmm, I think if he fell off a high deck (maybe even a lower deck) and hit the water, hpothermia would have been the least of his problems. Isn't water surface tension pretty high and he would break legs/other parts depending on how he hit the water? Not to mention unseen rocks etc under the water. Lucky the balcony broke his fall.;)

ML

Hmm, I think if he fell off a high deck (maybe even a lower deck) and hit the water, hpothermia would have been the least of his problems. Isn't water surface tension pretty high and he would break legs/other parts depending on how he hit the water? Not to mention unseen rocks etc under the water. Lucky the balcony broke his fall.;)

ML

Yes the water is like hitting concrete.

If there were rocks the ship would hit them first. :eek: