Jewel of the Seas to Alaska! May 29, 2015 Pictorial Review!

I had read in several places that the formal dress codes have eased up in all, but the luxury liners. I was just on the Jewell at the first seating and on formal night many were just dressed smart casual. Not all of the men wore jackets and there were no tuxedos. The 2nd formal night was even less formal. I had rushed back to my cabin to change in to something dressy after getting a facial only to find that my key no longer worked. By the time i made it to passenger services and got a new key there was no time to change so I went to dinner as is with a greasy face. No comments were made by the staff and i had a great story to share with my table mates. so dont stress over the dress codes, just be comfortable.

I know they say you need a balcony, but is there anyone opted not to get one and what you thought

We were in an ocean view room for this cruise, it wasn't bad. If there was anything outside we wanted to see, we just went up to the deck under the lifeboats or to the top of the ship.

Is the price of a balcony compared to an OV a big price difference, does the radiance class have a helipad that they open up

We found the balcony price was a big jump from an OV for our Alaska cruise.