Scheduled check-in question for NYC Breakaway?

like2cruise

I had completed my check in and printed my docs earlier and there was no request to choose a time to check in at the pier. Today looking at some last minute things and notice that the system says I need to pick in a check-in time. Our original plan was to arrive early, but those times are "sold out" per the website. :mad: It says that you may be prevented from entering early. :eek: We are just silver status with NCL if that makes a difference. So can anyone tell me if we can arrive and check-in earlier than our designated time? With a bigger ship we like to get on as early as possible to do our photo tour before crowded...with a drink in hand :D :cool:

Some how I missed this little bit of information and thought I was checked in and could arrive at my preferred time as part of "Freestyle" cruising ;). If I had received an email prompting me to do this or known, I would of picked an earlier time right away. I always kick myself when I have missed some detail like this. I haven't had to do this much planning for a cruise since the Oasis.

So are they strict about the check in time? My printed documents do not indicate a time. I am sure if I reprint them they will.

We sailed NCL breakaway a few months ago....when did they start adding "scheduled " check-in times??:confused::confused:

I've seen a few (maybe 3 or 4) check in time comments starting about a month ago. I can't recall where I first saw it here on CC and which ship but thought it was isolated to possibly just one ship but I saw it on another ship somewhere recently.

I am leaving on Sunday and I have seen nothing about a check in time. I printed off our documents long ago. I checked online and looked for messages and saw nothing. Do we just show up at 11:00 and figure someone will check us in??

I am leaving on Sunday and I have seen nothing about a check in time. I printed off our documents long ago. I checked online and looked for messages and saw nothing. Do we just show up at 11:00 and figure someone will check us in??

I found it. Had to go to my NCL and check in over again and there was a place at the bottom to choose your check in time. Everything was gone until 12-12:30, so I selected that. Glad to know for our next cruise.

I printed my Dawn docs and didn't see request for check in time. Can suite guests check in anytime?

I read this after seeing your question and getting a link for another thread:

As a Haven or suite guest, a Platinum Latitudes Rewards member or a guest with air travel or transfers provided by Norwegian, you do not need to select your arrival time to the pier. We ask that you arrive no earlier than 9:30 am - 10:00 am and no later than 1 hour prior to departure and we will get you settled in.:D

Sorry, I did a search for this subject before posting and it didn't bring up the thread. Thanks for directing me that way ColinIllinois.

My experience and what I have read is around 11am, but dependent on several factors. I think the earliest we have ever got on and it was Celebrity was 1045am. It does appear that NCL is good about getting guests on pretty early. Hopefully someone with recent knowledge can answer.

Please forgive me if this has been answered - but presuming choosing a 9:30 check in time, what is the expected boarding time? Thank you!:confused:

I have not boarded any NCL ship before 11:15 in NYC. I'd say noon is most frequent boarding time based on my experiences.

Most reports of boarding the BA have been around 11:30 a.m. which is what it was for us last year. There was one report of being an hour or so earlier as something special was going on.

The BA still had the last guests getting off the ship at 10:15 when we went and they started letting the first group of guest on right around 11:30.

I don't think the check-in time matters at all. If you put a late check in, but get to the pier at 8:00 am, you will be on the ship early. I had to select a boarding time, so I put the earliest time, but I don't think it matters.

FWIW...last week, we got to the pier at 10:15, and we were on the ship by like 11:00 or so. We had boarding group 7, and that was early enough to score Vibe passes