Room size A2 Regatta vs Regent Veranda

Troban

I just returned from our first ever cruise, it was Regent. We are looking at one next year to Canada New England. We are open to Oceania for reasons we don't drink much and would like to do some of our own excursions.

However the much smaller room size concerns me? Anyone had issues for 10 days?

Thank you, I posting this in both lines.

I just returned from our first ever cruise, it was Regent. We are looking at one next year to Canada New England. We are open to Oceania for reasons we don't drink much and would like to do some of our own excursions.

However the much smaller room size concerns me? Anyone had issues for 10 days?

Thank you, I posting this in both lines.

Have you considered a PH? Much larger and should still be quite a bit less than a Regent cruise.

Yes, I thought so oo, but alas not the case cruise only was very close to Regent and then had to add for excursions. I included credits and OBC from agent.

Thank you tho, great thought.

We have cruised in A1 and A2 cabins on the R class O ships 4 times. They are cozy, but we did fine. Lots and lots of drawers and cubbies for stashing things. The shower is small, no tub, but that's life. Our last cruise was 16 days on Regatta and we found it very comfortable. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions for you.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Toranut97

Yes, I thought so oo, but alas not the case cruise only was very close to Regent and then had to add for excursions. I included credits and OBC from agent.

Thank you tho, great thought.

With that being the case then I guess that Regent would be the better value. I do understand not wanting to pay for things you don't use though.

Toranut97. Thank you, where are these cubbies and drawers? I see the desk which I am sure has some. On regent, the closet had a dresser and there was good storage in bathroom. How cramped are the O bathrooms and is there any storage?

The bathroom had two narrow medicine chests on either side of the mirror with three shelves in them. There is also a small shelving unit in the corner above the commode, three shelves on that, it holds a lot of toiletries. Another shelf runs the width of the sink, holds Dopp kits and such.

There is a closet as you enter the cabin with a shelf above. In the bed area, there are several shelves behind cabinet doors where you can stack clothes and such. On either side of the bed there is a nightstand with useful drawers and shelves. We always stash our suitcases under the bed for the duration of the trip, and that makes more room for you to move around. And of course there are the drawers in the desk, plenty of space we thought.

As an aside we each had one large suitcase and one carry on, and everything had its place.

Hope this helps.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troban, we haven't done any Regent cruising yet but we've been in the "A" cabins and above on Oceania (we started out on Renaissance). While we prefer the extra room in the PH on the older ships we've traveled in the standard veranda cabins without pain. The bathroom is small, especially the shower. (That's the main reason we prefer a PH.) But the room itself is comfortable, in our eyes, and we had plenty of room for storage as well as electrical outlets.

The main difference between the "A" and "B" cabins and the "PH" cabins is the width of the cabin. In the smaller cabins if one of you wants to cross over from the veranda side to the door and the other wants to do the opposite, one of you will have to wait. In a PH you could both cross at the same time.

I'm guessing the difference is 5-6' in the width of the cabin, but Jim&Stan probably know better! This also makes the veranda wider, so instead of plain chairs and a small table you can have loungers. In the bathroom, you have a tub/shower combo rather than the small shower in the "A" cabins (too small in my view, but if I were smaller myself I probably wouldn't mind!).

If the price difference is significant to you -- which I gather was the reason for your question -- this info might help you decide better.

We tend to do DIY touring although we are not adamant about never taking a ship's tour as some others are ... while it's usually more costly to take ship's tours, we haven't had any really bad ones. But you run the same risk with a private tour as well.

Mura

I answered you on the Regent board, but not your cubby question.

The desk has 4 drawers and the nightstands have two drawers. The closet has a shelf and a cabinet next to the closet has 3 drawers under the safe.

It was sufficient for me - the overpacker.

• 6 months later...

I find myself full circle. We booked that Regent cries, but I just kept thinking and we were worried about in/out of NYC etc and low and behold the repositioning of Regatta came up with what we think are some pretty cool ports and at end we will rent cr and drive to Key West thereby completing Atlantic coast USA..

Reading back over all your helpful comments. This one feels right and I firmly believe it's about attitude. No cruise, no life is perfect, you just gotta roll with the flow and enjoy.

Thanks again,

Regatta here we come....