Oasis in the shade . . .

We will be cruising the Oasis next May. It will be our first time on this class of ship and I am a bit concerned about overcrowding and finding "our spot". Specifically, I like to relax and read up on deck, but in an area of shade and some sun, but not too much wind. I also prefer an area that is quiet and not overcrowded.

Is there any such place on the Oasis. Have any of you discovered areas that enjoy a mix of sun and shade but are not overcrowded or noisy? If so, can you please share?

Thanks.

1- Check out the lounge chairs near the cantilevered hot tubs. 2- can't remember the name of the bar, but it is up one deck from the Solarium. Many loungers there... can be windy though...

Enjoy your cruise! LOVED Oasis!

We will be cruising the Oasis next May. It will be our first time on this class of ship and I am a bit concerned about overcrowding and finding "our spot". Specifically, I like to relax and read up on deck, but in an area of shade and some sun, but not too much wind. I also prefer an area that is quiet and not overcrowded.

Is there any such place on the Oasis. Have any of you discovered areas that enjoy a mix of sun and shade but are not overcrowded or noisy? If so, can you please share?

Thanks.

I will post my review in a couple of days with some pictures of "our spot". It is aft by the jogging track. You can get quite a bit of shade there, depending on the time of day. You can access the area down a set of stairs from the Boardwalk, or walk out the door on Deck 5 by the Campagne bar, follow the jogging track aft, and you will see several chairs back there. We are not home yet, so I cannot post my pictures. I will try to remember to post one here when we get back.

We also LOVED Oasis!

plenty of quiet, shaded spots on the oasis (even more so than freedom & voyager class). the solarium has 2 levels and we never found it to be over crowded. only had couple instances where a family kept bringing their toddlers in until enough people complained to security and they were removed.

also, theres spots in the cental park area to just sit and relax where you can forget you are even on a ship- not that you want to.

enjoy the oasis, its a great ship

I will post my review in a couple of days with some pictures of "our spot". It is aft by the jogging track. You can get quite a bit of shade there, depending on the time of day. You can access the area down a set of stairs from the Boardwalk, or walk out the door on Deck 5 by the Campagne bar, follow the jogging track aft, and you will see several chairs back there. We are not home yet, so I cannot post my pictures. I will try to remember to post one here when we get back.

We also LOVED Oasis!

That´s exactly what I´m looking for, an "our spot" with fresh air, some sun and plenty of shade.

I´ll look forward to your review.

Thanks so much.

Solarium.

Unlike some other ships, I've always found a spot there. Maybe not the same spot, as they are not reserved, but enough options between sun and shade.

There are some prime spots I suppose, but no guarantee you will always get those unless you are a member of the chair hog society.

Just off oasis last week. We love solarium as it's huge with great views. Lower level has glass panels covering half of it to keep wind down, also give you places to take in sun with no uv rays (except reflected). Upper level by solarium bar has many loungers under roof with total shade, our favorite place. Prob with deck 5 aft is busy w joggers/walkers and lots of sun if ship heads away plus chairs aren't as comfortable as solarium imo.

That´s exactly what I´m looking for, an "our spot" with fresh air, some sun and plenty of shade.

I´ll look forward to your review.

Thanks so much.

Depending on which way the ship is going that day (sun vs shade) there are a few chairs aft the aft end of the track on deck 5. The deck (16?) above the pool will usually have something, especially away from the pool.

Edited by BillOh

We also LOVED Oasis!

This is EXACTLY the same spot that myself and my girlfriend like to go. After 3 cruises, I have found that this is the best spot to sit as soon as we re-board the ship after coming back from the board. There's something about watching the tail-wake (not sure if this is the correct term) that I love when we sail away. Lean back in your lounge chair, kick your feet up onto the rails (take your sandals off first!!) and relax!

Thanks.

Try and get a Balcony.... sun and shade usually pretty quiet too...;)