How to use FCD with online booking?

Laurino

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find it. I'm thinking of buying a FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) on my next cruise. I've already seen threads about the cost and OBC etc. I'm only wondering if and how the FCD can be "redeemed" with an online booking on HAL:s site? I prefer not to use a TA or book over the phone. Maybe it is stored on my account and applied automatically if I try to book (wishful thinking :o)? I would like to know the booking process before getting a FCD. Also I prefer not to actually book onboard, I would prefer an "open" FCD, since otherwise I would worry about air fare and the cancellation penalty (booking in euros) etc.

Thank you /Henrik

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find it. I'm thinking of buying a FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) on my next cruise. I've already seen threads about the cost and OBC etc. I'm only wondering if and how the FCD can be "redeemed" with an online booking on HAL:s site? I prefer not to use a TA or book over the phone. Maybe it is stored on my account and applied automatically if I try to book (wishful thinking :o)? I would like to know the booking process before getting a FCD. Also I prefer not to actually book onboard, I would prefer an "open" FCD, since otherwise I would worry about air fare and the cancellation penalty (booking in euros) etc.

Thank you /Henrik

I think the only way to apply your FCD to a booking is to call HAL after you have reserved the cruise on line. You always have a 24 hour grace period after booking to call and apply money or your FCD.

I think the only way to apply your FCD to a booking is to call HAL after you have reserved the cruise on line. You always have a 24 hour grace period after booking to call and apply money or your FCD.

And have them apply Promo Code ZPM - which is from the "Thank you for sailing with us" email that most people get in about 2 weeks after sailing. Even if you did not get the email (or threw it out), ask them for the ZPM deal (they normally give it to you). It basically doubles the OBC you got from the FCD.

It is my understanding when you purchase a FCD on-board it is automatically put into your Mariner's account. I would think that when you book your next cruise on-line it would recognize that you have that in your account and prompt you asking if you want to apply certificate. If not, I would STILL book on-line (if you wanted to)and then maybe call a HAP rep. after that and have them add it to your booking. Just a suggestion. We purchased our FCD on this past cruise and it was placed into our acct but then we booked thru AAA and I reminded him that we had the certificate to use for our next Alaska cruise. Good Luck and happy sailing:D

Hi everyone,

Thank you /Henrik

Hello Henrik,

Here's how it works in Europe. (ignore everything so far, as it is based on American residents/cruisers).

book your cruise online and take the option for a courtesy hold.

call HAL (probably in UK - the number to call is at the top of the webpage) and tell them that you want to apply your FCD's to the cruise.

I did it this way last week and there are no difficulties.

Hi everyone,

Thank you /Henrik

VMax 1700 ..Do your FCD's have numbers on them.. If not couldn't the OP e-mail HAL giving the booking No. hold & ask them to apply the FCD.. Or, since he lives in Sweden couldn't he call HAL in a city closer to him such as Amsterdam or Rotterdam instead?

VMax 1700 ..Do your FCD's have numbers on them.. If not couldn't the OP e-mail HAL giving the booking No. hold & ask them to apply the FCD.. Or, since he lives in Sweden couldn't he call HAL in a city closer to him such as Amsterdam or Rotterdam instead?

Yes, they are numbered.

I am sure OP could call HAL in Rotterdam or UK or Seattle. I have used all 3 of these at different times. When OP is logged into the HAL website the appropriate contact number is shown at the top of the webpage.

For the UK its +44 843 374 2300. For Rotterdam its +31 10 297 6600

Yes, they are numbered.

I am sure OP could call HAL in Rotterdam or UK or Seattle. I have used all 3 of these at different times. When OP is logged into the HAL website the appropriate contact number is shown at the top of the webpage.

For the UK its +44 843 374 2300. For Rotterdam its +31 10 297 6600

Thanks for your reply..

Hello Henrik,

Here's how it works in Europe. (ignore everything so far, as it is based on American residents/cruisers).

book your cruise online and take the option for a courtesy hold.

call HAL (probably in UK - the number to call is at the top of the webpage) and tell them that you want to apply your FCD's to the cruise.

I did it this way last week and there are no difficulties.

Hi VMax, thanks for your reply! I will try your way with a courtesy hold and also Serendipitys suggestion to e-mail the FCD-numbers, or call HAL UK or Holland.