Question about aft cabins on S class ships

JeanieTheMom

In all the pictures I've seen of the back of the Silhouette, it looks like the overhang covers more of the balconies on deck 12 than on the decks below. I'm specifically interested in room 2159, but any info about the balconies on the back of the ship would be helpful. I've looked at the spreadsheet. It has a wealth of information, but I didn't see the answer to this question.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, on deck 12 the balcony is fully covered by the overhang. Those on the decks below are probably less than half covered.

Phil

If there's a foot of overhang, there's no more than that. We were on Deck 11 of Eclipse and had full sun from dawn til dusk, excepting clouds. :D

We just recently had a Sky Suite on 12 deck aft. We both loved it; yes, there is substantial overhang and the occasional scraping of chairs from above. But never enough to bother our sleep.

Total privacy and protection from elements. On sunny days, we did have some sun. It wasn't completely shaded 24/7.

This is great information. We're planning to book the TA in April of 2016, going east. We'll have shade most of the day, which is great since we have fair skin. Then we can get sun late in the day. I don't think the occasional chair-scraping noise will bother us either.