Vision of the Seas Cabins Deck Seven ???

We tentatively booked on the Vision for February 2016 on Deck Seven, Cabin# 7046. I do like a balcony cabin. My problem is that below Deck 7 is all public area which could be very noisy. We are early risers and go to bed fairly early; pretty much after the show. So I am very worried about the noise level coming from deck six.

I was told by RCI that cabin 7046 would be quiet since it is above the stores.

Could anybody give me some feedback on that cabin location????

I also read a lot of negative reviews about the lunch food at the Windjammer on the Vision??

I would appreciate any input.

Noise will not be much of an issue on deck 7. Deck 8 is an issue, especially the front half as you would be under the pool deck. We slept very little thanks to that on our most recent Vision cruise.

We were on deck 7 near where your going to be on an earlier Vision sailing and it was very quiet.

WJ food was ok. Not going to win gourmet awards but decent overall.

Edited by cruisingsince94

We are just off vision & had an AFT balcony on deck 7. It was bliss!

The food in the WJ was great! It was a long cruise, (12 nights) so we did see some of the same things, but the quality was really good.

Thanks you all for your quick response. It is very comforting to hear that there is no noise problem with Deck Seven. So I will keep my reservation.

Now all I have to do is check ever so often to see if and when the 5:30 pm dining will become available. Apparently, they are "already" all booked for that time. We don't like my-time dining. You would think that it seems awfully early to be booked for dining in June 2015 for a 7-nights February 2016 cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

The My Time Dining option was fantastic! We reserved our dinner times online through RCCL's website and based it upon when we would be back on ship (on port days). The service and food was the same as the main dining room - in fact, the My Time Dining is the 2nd floor of the Aquarius Dining Room. We were waited on hand and foot!

I preferred the My Time because sometimes we did not make it back to the ship for the early dining and/or did not want to wait until the later reserved time.

We ate breakfast most days in the Windjammer, and lunch if we weren't in port. The food was good and more down to earth than the main dining room. If you are not an adventurous eater (which I'm not), the WJ buffet has better selection for more "normal" food. :-)