Best Epic Restaurants

dinosaurdem

Personally, I enjoyed them all. It's all based on personal taste. I really enjoyed the Italian restaurant. The clams were so good I had to go back a second time and the young lady who was with us, and her first time eating clams, wanted to go back again for the clams! My DH loved the pasta (I'm not a pasta eater). We totally enjoyed Cagney's and Moderno. For breakfast the MDR. The eastern experience was great in all three, Teppanyaki, Noodle Bar, and Wasabi. The buffet was great when I was looking for something more traditional, yet different. It actually gave me an opportunity to taste foods from many different countries. If you don't like it, get something else.

Cagney's was my favorite of the pay restaurants, followed by Moderno (adore the salad bar!). Le Bistro was good, but not always reliable throughout the cruise, even when ordering the same meal. Wasabi had good veggie sushi (I'm not a fish-eater). For the included meals, I was very pleasantly surprised by the buffet, both in quality and variety.

I loved Shanghai Chinese restaurant. The Kung Po Chicken was the best I've had (not saying much as I'm no expert) and the creme brûlée trio dessert was amazing.

I also really liked La Cucina with the secret entrance at the back of the Garden Café buffet. The chicken parmesan was so very unhealthily covered in cheese that it was almost literally 'to die for'

I realise these probably aren't popular choices but we have simple tastes and derive as much enjoyment from the laid back ambience and good service as the food.

We ate at 4 specialty restaurants, Cagney's, Le Bistro, Tappanyaki and La Cucina. To me La Cucina was meh....not bad but 4th on that list. Best part of La Cucina was the view. I would definitely go to the other 3 for sure.

I loved Shanghai Chinese restaurant. The Kung Po Chicken was the best I've had (not saying much as I'm no expert) and the creme brûlée trio dessert was amazing.

I also really liked La Cucina with the secret entrance at the back of the Garden Café buffet. The chicken parmesan was so very unhealthily covered in cheese that it was almost literally 'to die for'

I realise these probably aren't popular choices but we have simple tastes and derive as much enjoyment from the laid back ambience and good service as the food.

Is the Shanghai Chinese restaurant free? The NCL website says it is complimentary but when you click on the menu, it says there is a cover charge? Anyone eaten there recently who knows?

Thanks,

Tony

Is the Shanghai Chinese restaurant free? The NCL website says it is complimentary but when you click on the menu, it says there is a cover charge? Anyone eaten there recently who knows?

Thanks,

Tony

I noticed that too.. I called NCL and their CS said she wasn't sure? Uh Okkkkk

Thanks,

Tony

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ncl+shanghai+complimentary&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncl.com%2Fnclweb%2Fpressroom%2FpressRelease.html%3FstoryCode%3DPR_041315&ei=oBqHVcFixK3IBOTmo6AO&usg=AFQjCNGL6wqpVyvUlYDq5lTbafur9V8ChQ&sig2=YvOOMISjuD0H3iT0yGWt6w

Thanks,

Tony

I think it's just an old menu. The page was updated, but not the PDF menu.

I may be in the minority, but I thought the food at Epic's Shanghai was almost inedible. It was worse than Carnival's Mongolian Grill, which is mediocre in itself. Service was glacially slow, the beef in the Orange Peel Beef was mushy, and the Hot n' Sour Soup had the taste and texture of a spicy version of sweet and sour sauce. The only saving grace was the desert, chestnut and red bean triangles with green tea ice cream, which was pretty good. Everything was so slow coming out of the kitchen that I ate three bowls of shrimp crackers (and I don't even like them, since they taste like and have the texture of styrofoam). There wasn't any excuse, either, because I was literally the only person in the restaurant for the first 45 minutes of my meal.

The noodle bar is good (if a bit slow), but the sit-down portion of the restaurant is absolutely terrible. If I hadn't had the UDP, I would have been so upset at having to pay for that food.

Edited by ldlewis45

I think it's just an old menu. The page was updated, but not the PDF menu.

Thanks, that's what I think too. The PDF menu had an old date stamp on it. I talked to someone on the website and she said it is complimentary. Always love Le Bistro ( get 2 freebies there since we're both Platinum) but otherwise we are always satisfied with the main dining rooms.

Tony and Debbie

Le Bistro was our favourite. The dishes sounded and looked fancy French and were very good.

Manhattan is a complimentary restaurant, but the menu was very good. I liked the decor and the big band and dance floor. If we did not have the UDP, we would book here for sure and would have no probelm with just eating here and at the Garden Cafe buffet the rest of the time.

Cagney's would be second. Pretty hard to screw up steak and the portion is large.

Cirque Dinner for the entertainment. Food was okay

Moderna was good but there was already so much meat on the cruise that the endless meat thing was actually kind of boring. A lot of the selections were kind of dry. Only the lamb was really tender and it was better at Le Bistro.

Teppenaki just because it was kind of fun to watch the cook. Food was so so.

La Cucina was on the bottom for us because we already spent more than 10 days eating in Italy. Yes, nice view, but you can bring your food from Garden Cafe down here at lunch or breakfast.

My favorites are Le Bistro and Cagney's. Moderno was quite good and fun. Cirque was great entertainment, go for the show, not the food. I need to visit La Cucina, but will be in the Mediterranean where meals on land in Italy will be amazing. I'm usually in the Haven, and that restaurant is very enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971