Future cruise credit question.

We are going on Dawn Princess next Tuesday and our FCC letter says $100 each USD which will be converted to AUD but our cruise personaliser shows $100 AUD. Does anyone have experience of what happens on board with our account.

Edited by Grey Nomad

Hi we purchased a FCC on Diamond Princess last year and paid in $US, we applied it to a cruise on Golden Princess this year. As it's only a 10 night cruise our onboard credit would be $50, but on our personalizer it is showing as $55 AUD which I presume is the conversion from $US. Hope this helps. Denise.

We are going on Dawn Princess next Tuesday and our FCC letter says $100 each USD which will be converted to AUD but our cruise personaliser shows $100 AUD. Does anyone have experience of what happens on board with our account.

The $100 in your cruise personalizer may not be the FCC. Princess sometimes has deals where you get $100 OBC and that shows in the personalizer but some OBCs, like gifts, don't show until you access your onboard account Take your FCC letter with you and check once you've boarded.

The cruise personaliser should show it by name, so does only one have $100, and the other have $0?

I hope you are right Ozkiwijj. No personaliser shows both with $100 credit. Another $100 each would be nice. I will let you know about the Dawn when I get back. We did go on her 4 years ago to Hawaii but it will be interesting to note any changes. I understand that there have been changes in Horizon Court since dry dock. Hope the MDR has not changed too much because last time the food was beautiful. Thanks all for your help.

I hope you are right Ozkiwijj. No personaliser shows both with $100 credit. Another $100 each would be nice. I will let you know about the Dawn when I get back. We did go on her 4 years ago to Hawaii but it will be interesting to note any changes. I understand that there have been changes in Horizon Court since dry dock. Hope the MDR has not changed too much because last time the food was beautiful. Thanks all for your help.

Yes! please come back with your thinking and some photos on the "new" Dawn as we will be on her in Sept to Hawaii and so looking forward to seeing her renovations :)

What does it say in the left side of the line showing the $100pp credits? For example the OBC I have for my upcoming cruise shows as:

Travel Agent Promotion

Onboard Credit Promotion

And the OBC is split evenly between us.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

If I look at my Circle Savings Account it shows each Cruise Credit $100 AUD applied to this booking (which was our deposit) and Onboard Credits $100 USD applied to this booking BUT if I look on cruise personaliser under Credits it shows each Travel Agent Promotion $42.50 each ($85 from our TA). then Onboard Sales Promotion $100 each, then Special Cruise Sale Offer $50 each which I think is because of 50th Anniversary. It states all credits are in AUD. I have just printed everything off and will put with the FCC letter to take on board. We shall find out on Tuesday. It would be very nice to have an additional $100USD each wouldn't it. Or at least by today's exchange rate an additional $28.

If I look at my Circle Savings Account it shows each Cruise Credit $100 AUD applied to this booking (which was our deposit) and Onboard Credits $100 USD applied to this booking BUT if I look on cruise personaliser under Credits it shows each Travel Agent Promotion $42.50 each ($85 from our TA). then Onboard Sales Promotion $100 each, then Special Cruise Sale Offer $50 each which I think is because of 50th Anniversary. It states all credits are in AUD. I have just printed everything off and will put with the FCC letter to take on board. We shall find out on Tuesday. It would be very nice to have an additional $100USD each wouldn't it. Or at least by today's exchange rate an additional $28.

Sounds like the Onboard Sales Promotion one is the FCC. Yes, take your FCC letter with you and ask why your USD credit hasn't been properly converted to AUD. Hope it works out OK for you. :)

When we used our FCC, it was $100 per person deposit and that provided an amount of OBC determined by the cabin booked and the length of the cruise. i.e. $150 USD per person for a balcony on a cruise more than 7 days.:D

When we originally booked it was for the 21 day New Guinea cruise last August but for medical reasons we had to cancel and transferred to this one. In January this year they brought out a special on this cruise and dropped the price by $1000 each, so we contacted our TA and she had it changed to the lower price and mentioned at the time that she even managed to get the OBC. I have been doing all the paperwork this afternoon and Just found I had kept the promotion and printed it off on the lower price. That shows $100 OBC pp. So maybe OzKiwiJJ is right and I will get an additional $100USD pp once on board. Anyway have placed copies of everything in my bag. Hopefully I will know by First port of call in Brisbane and place a post.

When we originally booked it was for the 21 day New Guinea cruise last August but for medical reasons we had to cancel and transferred to this one. In January this year they brought out a special on this cruise and dropped the price by $1000 each, so we contacted our TA and she had it changed to the lower price and mentioned at the time that she even managed to get the OBC. I have been doing all the paperwork this afternoon and Just found I had kept the promotion and printed it off on the lower price. That shows $100 OBC pp. So maybe OzKiwiJJ is right and I will get an additional $100USD pp once on board. Anyway have placed copies of everything in my bag. Hopefully I will know by First port of call in Brisbane and place a post.

WooHoo! I hope so too! Happy cruising. :D

If you have the paperwork than at least you have evidence to back you up if it is not as expected. Great deal, btw, Enjoy your cruise.:D

Greynomad,

We are booked on Dawn Princess Papua New Guinea cruise April 2016.

We used a FCC purchased on Sapphire Princess in Singapore, so USD.

Our's shows:

Voyage Goodwill $55.00 $55.00 $110.00

Onboard Sales Promotion* $75.00 $75.00 $150.00

Onboard Credit Promotion*$150.00 $150.00 $300.00

Total Onboard Credits $280.00 $280.00 $560.00

The $55 each was for a cancelled cruise, $75 sales promotion is FCC and the $150 is the Princess booking promotion.

Even though the FCC was purchased showing USD, it says it is converted to AUD on Sea, Sun and Dawn, it is showing as AUD in my Personalizer.

I will be happy to have $560OBC:D

Thankyou Princess for combining OBC!!

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Greynomad,

We are booked on Dawn Princess Papua New Guinea cruise April 2016.

We used a FCC purchased on Sapphire Princess in Singapore, so USD.

Our's shows:

Voyage Goodwill $55.00 $55.00 $110.00

Onboard Sales Promotion* $75.00 $75.00 $150.00

Onboard Credit Promotion*$150.00 $150.00 $300.00

Total Onboard Credits $280.00 $280.00 $560.00

The $55 each was for a cancelled cruise, $75 sales promotion is FCC and the $150 is the Princess booking promotion.

Even though the FCC was purchased showing USD, it says it is converted to AUD on Sea, Sun and Dawn, it is showing as AUD in my Personalizer.

I will be happy to have $560OBC:D

Thankyou Princess for combining OBC!!

Chez

Good job, I will certainly be getting some more on our next cruise.:D