Refund for cancelled cruise

BARCHHAH

On my Panama Cruise (Feb 2015) which was good, but extremely poor for Indian vegetarian diet, I booked my following year (Feb 2016) cruise visiting Southern America. We subsequently, decided to cancel that in good time and asked for refund. Replying to their original booking confirmation email was a waste of time as it kept on bouncing. So we called them on their only number available 0843 374 4444. This is expensive as it cost 13 pence a minute and Princess make profit on this. They want people to use this for this purpose as they don't give local number nor an email address that takes replies. I rang on 3 occasions. The First time, the booked cruise was cancelled and it was agreed that the refund will be credited to the Credit Card I had used. However this was not done but the credit was left on our Princess account which we specifically had asked not to do. The second time I was not getting through and after waiting a long time gave up having incurred phone charges; Third time I got through quicker and asked for the refund to my credit card. I spoke to Sarah who said she will send an email to their finance dept. I asked her to confirm that to me by email as I needed that if their finance dept decided to ignore Sarah's email. I have yet to see my refund. This has left a bitter taste with me cause we really enjoyed the their Panama Canal and Japan cruises.

On my Panama Cruise (Feb 2015) which was good, but extremely poor for Indian vegetarian diet, I booked my following year (Feb 2016) cruise visiting Southern America. We subsequently, decided to cancel that in good time and asked for refund. Replying to their original booking confirmation email was a waste of time as it kept on bouncing. So we called them on their only number available 0843 374 4444. This is expensive as it cost 13 pence a minute and Princess make profit on this. They want people to use this for this purpose as they don't give local number nor an email address that takes replies. I rang on 3 occasions. The First time, the booked cruise was cancelled and it was agreed that the refund will be credited to the Credit Card I had used. However this was not done but the credit was left on our Princess account which we specifically had asked not to do. The second time I was not getting through and after waiting a long time gave up having incurred phone charges; Third time I got through quicker and asked for the refund to my credit card. I spoke to Sarah who said she will send an email to their finance dept. I asked her to confirm that to me by email as I needed that if their finance dept decided to ignore Sarah's email. I have yet to see my refund. This has left a bitter taste with me cause we really enjoyed the their Panama Canal and Japan cruises.

I always ring 023 8065 5000 then it asks whether you want to speak to P&O, Princess or Cunard.

Well done for giving out a number that they will probably shut down now!:mad:

023 8065 5000 is a number published by the cruise line. It's all over the web including Cruise Critic. It will not be shut down as you suggest...

Lew

Can you please tell me if/how Princess makes a profit on a phone call? I may not be understanding this right.

I hope that you get your refund soon. Did you use a Travel agent?

Edited by geocruiser

Unless its a direct charge number, Princess sees no money from a phone call (direct charge numbers are required to tell you so at beginning of call and give you option to disconnect before charges are incurred). Long distance charges are a function of your telcom provider.

Where are you calling from in that the charge is so high?

Unless its a direct charge number, Princess sees no money from a phone call (direct charge numbers are required to tell you so at beginning of call and give you option to disconnect before charges are incurred). Long distance charges are a function of your telcom provider.

Where are you calling from in that the charge is so high?

Thanks Loonbeam. I never knew about a direct charge number.

When a company issues you a refund, it is taken from their bank account that day, however you may not see it credited back for up to 7 days by your credit card company. I own a small business and always have to explain that to my customers. It is debited out of my bank account that day upon closing of my cc machine, up to 7 days till the bank issues to consumer. Not princess fault.

When a company issues you a refund, it is taken from their bank account that day, however you may not see it credited back for up to 7 days by your credit card company. I own a small business and always have to explain that to my customers. It is debited out of my bank account that day upon closing of my cc machine, up to 7 days till the bank issues to consumer. Not princess fault.

While I suspect you may be correct, don't we need to know how long the OP has waited until we declare that it cannot be Princess' fault. One thing if it has been 3 days, another thing if it has been 3 months.