Roll calls : not the flavour of the month anymore?

Yes our event page over on FB is more active and social than the roll call here for our cruise.

I find the FB event page easier as i'm on FB more frequently anyway, but I still check CC as I find the information posts on here very useful.

You don't have to create your roll all, just follow the conversations?

Hello Netty,

Nice to see you here. Shame the Golden cruise is quiet. It's virtually impossible to get a large group booking for tours now, so I think we will have to book individually. I hope your B2B was great. LOVED Alaska!

Take care,

Anna

Hello Netty,

Nice to see you here. Shame the Golden cruise is quiet. It's virtually impossible to get a large group booking for tours now, so I think we will have to book individually. I hope your B2B was great. LOVED Alaska!

Take care,

Anna

I find the smaller excursions (6-15 people) are better, can accommodate the needs of the party better and are still priced cheaper than the Ships Shorex.

Guest zafra63

Hi Anna, we adored our Alaskan and Panama Canal cruise, such an exciting itinerary. It were really 3 cruises together, nice to stay on board when people are going home and we continued. Looking forward to October and November on the Golden as a B2B from Melbourne. So easy for us. Say Hello to Keith for us. We hope to meet up one day again??? Stay healthy! Cheers.

It could be that they also have them on Facebook and most people tend to use that. I used to live on these boards but rarely come on now due to the numerous cruising pages on Facebook that I take part in.

Karen

I also don't come here often these days -- but mostly because we are not doing the amount of cruising that we did some time back :(. But I have noticed that CC is almost a shadow of it's former self - and the Roll calls are basically a waste of time.

I don't use Facebook much - I don't really post to FB but do read some Facebook pages (eg my local running club - to see what they are doing) /

Anyway -- just say that we were going on XYZ ship belonging to ABC cruiseline on such and such a date -- how would we find the relevant FB page or Roll Call?????

Barry

Anyway -- just say that we were going on XYZ ship belonging to ABC cruiseline on such and such a date -- how would we find the relevant FB page or Roll Call?????

Barry

Start with searching for the relevant cruise line e.g. Carnival Australia, P&O, RCL.

On their page you will then see a button for some form of event or roll call. You can then search your cruise from there, and then register.

Karen

how would we find the relevant FB page or Roll Call?????

There are often 2 separate groups. Search for the ship or line's page then have a look at their events (note that all posts on these event pages are public for the world to see). There are also often private groups that people set up for others to join that the posts aren't public, to find these try searching the ship name and sail date or cruise itinerary number and sail date. I find Facebook much easier to use and am on there a lot more regularly than here. Also easier to put a face to the name if you see people around the ship because you've seen their FB profile pic or become FB-friends before the cruise.