The Breeze- Got Questions?

Banks822

Just off the Breeze this morning. We had 2 spa cabins. 4 adults and 4 teens. I'll probably try and write a review next week wth pictures and fun times since I'll be home this summer . But, while I'm waiting in the airport to get home to NC I'd be glad to answer any questions!

How did you like the spa balcony cabins? I went back and forth for a couple of days between that category and he extended aft on Deck 9. I ended up with Aft Deck 9 but still wonder if I should move.

Thanks.

Is the pool water heated when the weather is cold? We are going in winter ...

Thank you

The water was not heated. It was actually a little cold this cruise, but of course that didn't bother my teens at all.

How did you like the spa balcony cabins? I went back and forth for a couple of days between that category and he extended aft on Deck 9. I ended up with Aft Deck 9 but still wonder if I should move.

Thanks.

We enjoyed the spa balcony. It was a good location. You could walk down one set of stairs and be at lido deck. Or just walk right down the hallway to an elevator that took you up to the spa. Nobody got on that elevator unless they were going to spa, so that was nice too. The extras were a nice bonus also! On sea days when the pools and hot tubs were so crowded me and the DH hung out in the T pool and aromatherapy steam rooms. It was a nice place to get out of the crowd if you wanted.

My only concern with the aft area is the shaking was bad a few nights. I had to leave a comedy show once because the movement was making me sick. I've never been sea sick on any other cruise before. Also, I've read about the smell in the aft on other reviews. Those reviews were telling the truth. There was a rotten egg smell back there.

was it ocho rios or Montego bay?? What did you do in Jamaica?

It was Montego Bay. I booked through Resort for a Day at Sunset Beach. It was one of the best excursions we've ever done! They picked us up at the port in an air conditioned bus and the drive there was only about 7 minutes. We did all inclusive so everything was included in price. Only 13 of us there were cruisers, the rest were staying there on vacation. We could snorkel, paddle boat and kayak. They took us out on the sail boat several times. Plenty of chairs on the beaches and at every pool. The staff was excellent and everything was clean. My teens loved the water slides and lazy river.

There was also several different places to eat and all that was included as well. The only thing that was extra was spa services, banana boat and parasailng. Nachos and jerk chicken were delicious!

How was the cruise director that is filling in for Matt? I can't remember his name?

The Reverend Dr. E was awesome! You can tell that he and Matt were partners in crime at one point in time. I believe Dr. E trained under Matt and was his Assistant CD at one point.

We enjoyed the spa balcony. It was a good location. You could walk down one set of stairs and be at lido deck. Or just walk right down the hallway to an elevator that took you up to the spa. Nobody got on that elevator unless they were going to spa, so that was nice too. The extras were a nice bonus also! On sea days when the pools and hot tubs were so crowded me and the DH hung out in the T pool and aromatherapy steam rooms. It was a nice place to get out of the crowd if you wanted.

My only concern with the aft area is the shaking was bad a few nights. I had to leave a comedy show once because the movement was making me sick. I've never been sea sick on any other cruise before. Also, I've read about the smell in the aft on other reviews. Those reviews were telling the truth. There was a rotten egg smell back there.

We just got off the Breeze 2 weeks ago and agree with the rotten egg smell in the back of the ship. Every time we used the back elevator on Deck 7 where our cabin was located, we noticed it!

I know you said you had teens, but did you happen to notice if there were activities/get togethers for the 18-20 year old crowd?

Did your teens participate in the clubs at all?

Was it hard to get a seat at the comedy show?

I can't answer your first 2 questions but we just got off the Breeze 2 weeks ago and if you want to get a seat at the adult comedy shows which I believe were at 10pm and 11:15pm, you need to get there early. There was always a line waiting to get in and we got there about 30 minutes before the show...it was very popular!!

It was Montego Bay. I booked through Resort for a Day at Sunset Beach. It was one of the best excursions we've ever done! They picked us up at the port in an air conditioned bus and the drive there was only about 7 minutes. We did all inclusive so everything was included in price. Only 13 of us there were cruisers, the rest were staying there on vacation. We could snorkel, paddle boat and kayak. They took us out on the sail boat several times. Plenty of chairs on the beaches and at every pool. The staff was excellent and everything was clean. My teens loved the water slides and lazy river.

There was also several different places to eat and all that was included as well. The only thing that was extra was spa services, banana boat and parasailng. Nachos and jerk chicken were delicious!

We did this in 2013 and are looking forward to doing it again in November. I can't wait for some more of the jerk chicken and rice & peas! Yum!!

How was the cruise director that is filling in for Matt? I can't remember his name?

Dr.E was awesome! Best cruise director we've had so far. His welcome aboard show was so funny! 😆

There were a lot of kids in the Club O2 part and Circle C, but I'm not sure about the 20 year old crowd. My kids usually do the kids clubs, but skipped it this time because some of the kids in there had some behavior issues. My kids are not perfect, but the fowl language, pouring melted ice cream all over tables and fake sneezing to blow baby powder all over people as they walked by was a bit much. I've never had these kind of problems during past cruises. I really think there were just more kids than the club staff could handle. My kids did make friends with other teens who also skipped Circle C and still had a great time.

We only went to one comedy show and stood in line about 10 minutes before we got in. It was the late show. There were people standing in the back, but they all came in right before show time.

Edited by Banks822

We did this in 2013 and are looking forward to doing it again in November. I can't wait for some more of the jerk chicken and rice & peas! Yum!!

I'm a little jealous! That place was just beautiful. I loved the bakery also and the coconut ice cream. I hope you have a great time! 😆

There were a lot of kids in the Club O2 part and Circle C, but I'm not sure about the 20 year old crowd. My kids usually do the kids clubs, but skipped it this time because some of the kids in there had some behavior issues. My kids are not perfect, but the fowl language, pouring melted ice cream all over tables and fake sneezing to blow baby powder all over people as they walked by was a bit much. I've never had these kind of problems during past cruises. I really think there were just more kids than the club staff could handle. My kids did make friends with other teens who also skipped Circle C and still had a great time.

We only went to one comedy show and stood in line about 10 minutes before we got in. It was the late show. There were people standing in the back, but they all came in right before show time.

Thank you! Your kids sound like mine. No interest in wasting their time with rude kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you happen to remember how the food was ? We don't really drink much so I want to go somewhere with good food.How did you like the spa cabins we are booked in one for October on the breeze and I am reading some different opinions about the spa and the spa cabins.Was the sailboat an extra charge or included.I have been researching AI in jamiaca and this is the best price so far @ $74 each, all the other ones are about $120 PP

Just off the Breeze this morning. We had 2 spa cabins. 4 adults and 4 teens. I'll probably try and write a review next week wth pictures and fun times since I'll be home this summer . But, while I'm waiting in the airport to get home to NC I'd be glad to answer any questions!

We are sailing Sunday, 7/12, with 3 cabins, 5 adults and 5 kiddo's, 8 - 14. Our first Carnival Cruise. Did you do the 5 D movie? We have one that thinks he will spend lots of time there. Have they started the plastic bottle ban? We like to bring our own water and sodas?

We hope you enjoyed your cruise and you arrive home safely and are back on board soon.

Thanks

Do you happen to remember how the food was ? We don't really drink much so I want to go somewhere with good food.How did you like the spa cabins we are booked in one for October on the breeze and I am reading some different opinions about the spa and the spa cabins.Was the sailboat an extra charge or included.I have been researching AI in jamiaca and this is the best price so far @ $74 each, all the other ones are about $120 PP

I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this!

The food here was excellent and there was something for everyone. We do not drink any alcohol, but still got our money's worth. They had Coke products and several fountain machines around so we just helped ourselves when we wanted a soda. Also the bartenders were very nice and made all of us Pina colada or strawberry daiquiri with no alcohol anytime we asked.

Around 12:30, their time, there will be a very big buffet in the middle of the resort. It had a big salad bar, a deli section with lots of breads, meats and cheeses. Also there was a section you could go to and they would fix you hot panni sandwiches. There was also pizza and things like that in case you have any picky eaters. But they had a large section with Jamaican food that was all very good!

Since ship time was 1 hour ahead of their time we were hungry before 12:30. Near the big water slides and lazy river is a covered area with several tables and chairs. You'll see people making hats or jewelry, but none of them were pushy at all like I've read about on CC. In this area is also a little grill. You don't want to miss this area! They are open much earlier than the buffets and there was never a line. This is where u can get nachos, cheese fries or plain fries, burgers and hotdogs, but also excellent jerk chicken, jerk bacon and jerk pork. The manager even brought us over a huge plate of all white meat jerk chicken where we were eating lunch in the buffet area. Seriously, the staff there went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time.

The paddle boats, snorkel gear and sail boat rides were all included. Do not miss out on the sail boat rides! After lunch we never left the beach until time to go. The staff was so helpful and even held our snorkel gear while we were on the sail boat so nobody else would get it. We did tip the 2 main guys on the beach 20 bucks because they were great to us.

I almost forgot, near the buffet area is a little bakery/sandwich place. You have to have on a bathing suit cover and shoes to go inside though. That place had the best cake ever! Also they had icecreams. The coconut ice cream was the best I've ever eaten. All this is included in the price. There was never any foods that cost extra.

About the spa rooms...

I enjoyed the location because there were more kids on this cruise than we're use to. It was much quieter on our deck than on other areas. We enjoyed the shampoo and body wash and things that were included. I only wish I would of thought to ask my room steward for extra. He did give us 4 pairs of slippers though and I'm still using mine at home. The T-pool was great and so was the aroma steam room. Because we didn't have to pay much more to upgrade it was worth the money to us. I would never spend a great deal of money for the room, but at the right price I'd book it again.

We are sailing Sunday, 7/12, with 3 cabins, 5 adults and 5 kiddo's, 8 - 14. Our first Carnival Cruise. Did you do the 5 D movie? We have one that thinks he will spend lots of time there. Have they started the plastic bottle ban? We like to bring our own water and sodas?

We hope you enjoyed your cruise and you arrive home safely and are back on board soon.

Thanks

We went to the Thrill Theater everyday! It was worth $15.00 for the unlimited rides. Even the adults liked it. We were able to bring our soda on board, but just to be safe we brought cans and not bottles.

Have a great cruise!!!