Silver box

Iamsailing

• 4 weeks later...

I received mine today for a September Alaska cruise. I've done 8 previous SS cruises so this was a disappointment. However, I understand the rationale and since I have a number of nice portfolios and the fancy luggage tags from previous cruises, I can use those.

My main complaint is that I am traveling with a friend who lives in a different city. I expected both of us to receive the box. When I called my booking agent, he said that it's only one box per cabin. I told him this is unacceptable because the journal that includes the itinerary and all the details would be a keepsake that each traveler would want. We also booked air and pre-cruise hotel through SS so all of that information is included in my package as well. I guess I can understand if it's a married couple traveling together, one box would be fine but when you have two independent travelers from different locations sharing a cabin, they should each receive the same package..especially at today's cost.

He said he would take care of getting a duplicate box sent to her.

ours arrived today for the late Aug SS trip from vancover. Booked in a silver suite and did not remember if we got a box on our last SS trip in the baltic 4 years ago. I don't think it s a big deal either way and will just leave our SB tags on. We are looking forward to sailing with SS again and then back to SB in jan.

...but we love the new box. we were sad to hear the box had "changed" so much and that so many people didnt like the new slimmed down version. for us its still very much part of the whole experience.

anyways, our box JUST arrived and i must say, I LOVE IT! the new modern look is very smart. there ARE luggage tags, two kinds in fact. the paper sticky ones you wrap around the handle and some very nice hard plastic ones, like a credit card size, with a very modern cable tie and thumb screw. IMHO any "new SS cruiser" would be thrilled to get this box.

1889739755_sslugtags.jpg.a36410d0480e94979db296000fc1a767.jpg

1702768055_sslugtags2.jpg.370024621047834209bb7789331e10e0.jpg

Wow, gotta love the cool new tags with the cable tie.

The box, after all, is just a box.

The cruise however, will be magnificent.

Just enjoy it all.

We are envious of your trip.

If we could, we would all go with you.

Since we can't, please take us along by posting your experiences.

We will all be so grateful.

Bon voyage.

Good morning Lilant ( and anyone else who has received the new Plastic Tags )

We have received the Tags for our forthcoming Wind Cruise and find them impossible to attach - The end that screws into the Screw Holder is too large to pass through the hole in the Plastic Tag - was your attached Lilant as per your photograph when you received them, as ours was not ??? - we may be stupid but at present this new Tag has got us beaten !!!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

We have received the Tags for our forthcoming Wind Cruise and find them impossible to attach - The end that screws into the Screw Holder is too large to pass through the hole in the Plastic Tag - was your attached Lilant as per your photograph when you received them, as ours was not ??? - we may be stupid but at present this new Tag has got us beaten !!!!!

Just use regular cable ties.

oh its super easy. thread the side that has the "threads" through the slot then you can just swing it over and the thumb screw will fit over the threads and screw right down.. see below

2042561589_tags2.jpg.69240261a52e761dcfeab8576ccabda7.jpg

1072325842_tags1.jpg.6c4c297ca7ed31bd0d9208f62061483c.jpg

Thanks Lilant for the ' Teach In ' - It all sounds very easy and logical - however I fear that maybe I have been sent a Prototype as the end with the Thread is the issue - its too thick to pass through the slot !!!!! and therefore if I pass the other end through clearly it is unable to screw up.

Not to worry as I have plenty of the old type Leather type tags which I shall continue to use - its just a bit of a laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

We just received our Silver Box today for our Oct 5th - NYC to Montreal sailing. This is our first Silversea's cruise and after reading the threads here, I knew what to expect of the Silver Box. I'm very happy with the box and the journal is nice. My DH likes it too.

-Rose