Royal Princess E411?

Janie1229

Has anyone stayed on Emerald deck on Royal, midship? There is one available (E411) deluxe obstructed balcony, says that it is is "partially obstructed/angled balcony" ??

We are currently booked in Marina 101 obstructed deluxe balcony. Not sure if I want the very forward cabin, as I hear it may be too windy to use depending on weather etc.

Thanks for any feedback!

Edited by Janie1229

I have been on Royal/Regal mid-ship. We were in E433 on the Regal and the obstruction in these cabins is only looking down at the Promenade. There is no obstruction straight out to sea.. The cabin E411 is only a few doors away and will have the same view.

I have pictures in the Regal review in my signature.:) The deck plans are the same on both ships.

We have not stayed in this area, preferring the forward area. The Royal's Deluxe Obstructed Balcony is our favorite type cabin. We even rejected an upgrade to a mini-suite to keep our Deluxe. The obstruction in your area means that the angle points the balcony a little forward or aft...for forward cabins it means that the railing is steel & not glass. If I want to look I just stand up.

Steve

I have been on Royal/Regal mid-ship. We were in E433 on the Regal and the obstruction in these cabins is only looking down at the Promenade. There is no obstruction straight out to sea.. The cabin E411 is only a few doors away and will have the same view.

I have pictures in the Regal review in my signature.:) The deck plans are the same on both ships.

Mom33: You don't find Emerald deck cabins to be noisy at all? Aren't they right above public areas of the ship? Just wondering how quiet you find these rooms, thanks!

We have not stayed in this area, preferring the forward area. The Royal's Deluxe Obstructed Balcony is our favorite type cabin. We even rejected an upgrade to a mini-suite to keep our Deluxe. The obstruction in your area means that the angle points the balcony a little forward or aft...for forward cabins it means that the railing is steel & not glass. If I want to look I just stand up.

Steve

Steve - why do you prefer the forward balconies, just curious. Thanks! We are currently booked on Marina deck M101 totally forward. Thinking of relocating to Emerald deck mid-ship in another deluxe obstructed.

We have sailed in the cabin on the other end of the bump out. No obstruction at all. The only thing we found annoying were the lights on the railings. They are meant to shine on the deck but they have no top cover. So the light shines right up into our faces. If we look down at the balcony, it shines right in our eyes. We are trying one deck higher the next time.

Definitely not a deal breaker or a cruise ruiner (I know it's not a word) but wanted to give you the feedback. It did make us move up another deck.

But the noise was a non issue.

Mom33: You don't find Emerald deck cabins to be noisy at all? Aren't they right above public areas of the ship? Just wondering how quiet you find these rooms, thanks!

They are over the Jewelry store in this location. We had no noise issues at all.:) They are in an excellent location and I wouldn't consider them obstructed at all. as a matter of fact, they are larger balconies than the standard ones.

I think I may call today and switch my cabin from M101 to E411. I like the idea of the forward cabin, but the Emerald deck seems better suited for getting on and off the ship quickly at port, maybe a little stable as far as motion. I don't get motion sick very often, but did once on Princess, up in Sabatini's dining room when we were at sea.

Thanks for all the input!

This site (Link: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald) has the information you are looking for relevant to obstructed view balcony staterooms on the Royal & Regal.

Wa Cruiser, thanks for the link, I just looked at it again this morning and started scrolling down, this is a great resource for looking up balconies, thank you! I'm going to switch to either E411 or E105 (a few others on E deck I'd like are already taken).

Steve - why do you prefer the forward balconies, just curious.

It's unusual, but it just seems nice up there. It is convenient to the Plaza & Theatre. (One thing to look out for is that they are above the Theatre so some people might be bothered by the late show music.)

We like the layout of the cabins.

Edited by skf

Would you be so kind to send me the pictures of the obstructed view so I can use them on my website.

Please send to theog99@telus.net

Thanks in advance, your fellow cruisers will appreciate it.

Theo

Would you be so kind to send me the pictures of the obstructed view so I can use them on my website.

Please send to theog99@telus.net

Thanks in advance, your fellow cruisers will appreciate it.

Theo

I did send them to you after the cruise :) but I will be happy to send them again.:)